Honored Contributor

Why, oh why did they have to make this beautiful embroidered shirt in 100% cotton?  I'd love to order it but I know I'd only wear it once then it would clutter up the laundry area waiting to be ironed.  Eventually I'd get tired of looking at it and this $52. shirt would get donated.   I don't do ironing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why, oh why did they have to make this beautiful embroidered shirt in 100% cotton?  I'd love to order it but I know I'd only wear it once then it would clutter up the laundry area waiting to be ironed.  Eventually I'd get tired of looking at it and this $52. shirt would get donated.   I don't do ironing. 

isn't everyone asking for cotton?

in the dryer for a few minutes to get the wrinkles out, hang dry, then iron the cuff/collar   done 

Respected Contributor

I love all cotton..will NOT wear cothes w spandex....feels like rubber, doesn;t breathe.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I'm with you.  I like crisp shirts.  I either send them out to Zips cleaners or iron them myself.  I even get my sheets ironed.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Kachina624 I'm with you.  I like crisp shirts.  I either send them out to Zips cleaners or iron them myself.  I even get my sheets ironed.  

@Annabellethecat66  I agree!  For nice things you enjoy wearing, the cleaners is definitelyl worth it.  It is a small price to pay for such convenience and joy at wearing things you love!  

Never thought about the sheets.  Does the cleaners do that too????

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I love all cotton..will NOT wear cothes w spandex....feels like rubber, doesn;t breathe.

@ellaphant  I like to see the 60/40 cotton and polyester mix to avoid wrinkling.  Spandex really doesn't keep a garment from wrinkling in the laundry. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sooner Also when it's crisp and ironed you can wear it again and it still looks nice (that's what happens with me anyway).

As far as the sheets...I always took them to a cleaners near me.  It was perfect.  I liked washing them myself because I liked my detergent.  This cleaners would iron them.  I think they charged around $7 a sheet.  I live alone and sleep on a Queen size bed.   I change the sheets about every 8 or so days.  It's worth the money to me.  I love getting into a bed where the sheets are smooth, like when you are in a hospital and the sheets are smooth...that's what I like.  It's something I do for me.

Here's the problem.  The place I always took them to has gone out of business (probably because of places like Zips) so now I have to find another cleaners.  I haven't asked Zips yet because it just recently happened and I have a lot of sheets, but I will have to do it soon.  I buy the sheets that say 'wrinkle free' but they still have wrinkles and it's not the same.  They'll probably think I'm crazy!  Ha!

My mother used to iron everything, even socks and underwear.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I know!  My aunt ironed everything.  She also said she couldn't sleep on a pillowcase without embroidery on it.  LOL!!!  She did needlework ALL the time.  And she was GOOD at it.

Do you have a Tuesday Morning nearby?  Sometimes they have fabulous sheets from Portugal and Italy. They are wonderful!  We always have cotton sheets, and fold them and smooth them (or put them back on the bed) after we wash, but I LOVE the feel of really good sheets.  It's one of the best things I can think of.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner You're my kind of girl!  I have so many sheets everyone that sees the linen closet makes fun of me.  My favorite are 1000 thread count but they are so heavy they make my washing machine go wobbly!  Ha!

Lately, I've been buying around 600 and 800 thread count.  But I'm telling you there is nothing like the feeling of climbing into bed on an ironed 1,000 count sheet.  Now I will tell you because I have Fibromyalgia, in the summer I don't like the heaviness of a 1,000 thread count sheet on me, but in the winter (under the covers) it's wonderful too.  So in the summer I get one of the smaller count sheets and use those alone.

I know, I'm crazy.  I didn't have this ummmm (problem)? when my husband was alive. Ha!

I will say that when my 37 year old daughter comes to visit (she just left) from Denver and climbs into the bed in the mornings to watch TV together and talk, she loves the way the sheets feel too, but she still thinks I'm crazy!  Ha!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624,@Onefineday,

I totally agree with you, do not like to iron and cannot stand synthetic fabrics. Nowadays there is  technology that allows us to wear natural fabrics that are wrinkle free🌻