Honored Contributor
On 2/27/2014 voyager1980 said:

She looks nice. Jill's one of my faves.Their on air clothes items are probably just part of the job maybe tax deductible.We have no way to know what or if they pay for them.

I don't care what they pay - they earn, they pay. That's true whether they work at QVC or the supermarket.

But, tax deductible. No for that leather top, but yes, if they had to wear a QVC uniform. Check the tax requirements for clothing. I don't think they've changed in the years since I retired, but clothing you would wear other than to work was never deductible.

Respected Contributor
I did not care for it. It seemed to me to be a very mature style, merely executed in leather. If done in knit, I would have guessed it was a Bob Mackie design.
Honored Contributor

I had relatives who worked at QVC. One was a model. There was a time hosts' wardrobes were tax-deductible but they could only wear their clothing in house or for QVC related activities. It was a big no-no to use something you wore on air for personal use.

Super Contributor

Thanks for posting the pic, if I were that thin I would go for it.Love the whole look., if I were 30 years younger and 15 pounds lighter.

Honored Contributor
On 2/28/2014 lulu2 said:

I had relatives who worked at QVC. One was a model. There was a time hosts' wardrobes were tax-deductible but they could only wear their clothing in house or for QVC related activities. It was a big no-no to use something you wore on air for personal use.

I remember way back when people who had to wear suits and things for work used to tax deduct them as a uniform cost as well along with dry cleaning bills.

Regular Contributor
On 2/28/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/28/2014 Daysdee said:
On 2/28/2014 AFWIFE said:
On 2/27/2014 travelbug said: LOVE her nail polish......wonder what it is? Also, she looks very pretty tonight.

I loved the polish also and would like to know what it is! Without sounding stammering (lol) I can say I was a little mesmerized. I was trying to keep a pic of it in my head so I would hopefully remember it if I saw it!

She said it was "Shellac", but sorry I can't remember the name of the color. It may be in the video of the show. She said she knew she would be asked so she said the brand and exact name of the color. Very pretty. Nice of her to give that information.

It's Tango Passion.

Thanks to you both!!!! Awesome!

Valued Contributor

I should have such troubles.

Super Contributor
On 2/28/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/28/2014 lulu2 said:

I remember way back when people who had to wear suits and things for work used to tax deduct them as a uniform cost as well along with dry cleaning bills.

I know you can deduct uniforms but clothing and cleaning bills??? That takes the cake!

Honored Contributor

I've seen Jill look much nicer, I didn't care for that top one bit, thought it looked odd.