Trusted Contributor

Re: Jill Martin did well on today's show

I think that Jill does a great job presenting.  She is very informative, does not come on strong, but gives information pleasantly and professionally.  She does seem more comfortable now and that is good.

Miata 1

Trusted Contributor

Yesterday was the first time I saw any GILI since Lisa's departure. I really don't watch the Q very much as I don't care for most of the items and have zero opinion on Jill.  Just  not a fan of GILI or Jill Martin. I had purchased one of the Roma bags and it literally fell apart within a couple months of use.  Never again for me.  I can do better elsewhere for the prices charged. 

Respected Contributor

i watched jill present with amy at midnight the tsv and found her to be professional as well as informed.  i think she is coming along very well in her new job and is very likeable.

Respected Contributor

I am interested in those pouches for travel.  I am interested in the reviews.

Honored Contributor

i bought three of the pouches......i would have bought four but the black was sold out. i will report back. i know that the older GILI pouches were popular and i could never seem to get them. once they were reduced in price they were snapped up quickly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

Jill doesn't speak well during her presentation because she doesn't design the clothing - she's the presenter- she's briefed.

she doesn't look good in the clothes - the fitting is off- it's weird

if you want someone to buy an overpriced line like GILI

and you want me to choose GILI over real Iconic designers like Isaac Mizrahi, Linea, Dennis Basso, Halston etc then you should get someone who can elevate the looks when they put them on - I have no problems with Jill M. She doesn't represent the line well- she sometimes seems irritated, temperamental, her hair looks bad. She looks down and around - not warm or engaging. If you want to take some to another level then find someone who is at that level- be at that level. Then I'll be inspired and purchase something

Honored Contributor

I find it highly troublesome that just less than a week ago Tignanelli was selling a bag with RFID protection but only in the card section because RFID, in the entire bag, would render your phone useless (RFID will block the signal)

It wouldn't be the first time the Q has marketed contradictory items....

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I watched the TSV handbag launch Sun night & PMStyle-I think Jill is doing well-better than her initial "GILI" presentations. Also now that she is involved in the selection/design of the new items, it will reflect more as her own rather than Lisa's inspirations. 

I didn't see any of the other presentations-wanted to see the crossbody bag presented so I will look for the video. The RFID pouch looks interesting but is it true that your phone or IPad cannot receive data when enclosed in these types d RFID protector cases? That means you won't hear the phone ring or receive text messages. I have to give this more thought.

Did anyone purchase the new pouch or crossbody?

Why would you not hear your phone ring?  Do you place your phone in your purse when you are shopping?  Do you hear it ring?  

Honored Contributor

@namealreadytaken wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I watched the TSV handbag launch Sun night & PMStyle-I think Jill is doing well-better than her initial "GILI" presentations. Also now that she is involved in the selection/design of the new items, it will reflect more as her own rather than Lisa's inspirations. 

I didn't see any of the other presentations-wanted to see the crossbody bag presented so I will look for the video. The RFID pouch looks interesting but is it true that your phone or IPad cannot receive data when enclosed in these types d RFID protector cases? That means you won't hear the phone ring or receive text messages. I have to give this more thought.

Did anyone purchase the new pouch or crossbody?

Why would you not hear your phone ring?  Do you place your phone in your purse when you are shopping?  Do you hear it ring?  

It's not a question of whether you hear it ring; the question is can it ring at all if the signal is blocked? (which Tignanelli's pitch would imply 'no')

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From a "bag" thingie for sale on Amazon, it was my understanding that it depends on what part you put the phone in whether or not it has a blocked signal, but the idea of the privacy thing is so others cannot reach you because it will not connect, but I believe you even so are still able to look at the calls and find the numbers of those who called you and you can return their call or if you wish you can just put the thing in your purse and let peeps track you.  I think the whole idea is that if you put the phone in there, you want to know who called but do not necessarily want them calling you.   If you want to know, take it out and check it from time to time.  Personally, while I am shopping, I don't want anyone calling me unless something emergent has occurred. Otherwise, I can see (because I turn audio off while I am shopping, at church, in meetings, etc) who called me and I can call them.  The only differnece here, is that those trying to locate me by GPS cannot.

Perhaps this could be addressed with Jill at her blog or with QVC at customer service. Not that they ever really know too much about technology devices they sell, IMO, but it's worth a try if they want to sell.