Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Martin did well on today's show

[ Edited ]

@msnicky wrote:

Jill doesn't speak well during her presentation because she doesn't design the clothing - she's the presenter- she's briefed.

she doesn't look good in the clothes - the fitting is off- it's weird

if you want someone to buy an overpriced line like GILI

and you want me to choose GILI over real Iconic designers like Isaac Mizrahi, Linea, Dennis Basso, Halston etc then you should get someone who can elevate the looks when they put them on - I have no problems with Jill M. She doesn't represent the line well- she sometimes seems irritated, temperamental, her hair looks bad. She looks down and around - not warm or engaging. If you want to take some to another level then find someone who is at that level- be at that level. Then I'll be inspired and purchase something.

I have noticed that when she is on with Shawn. Shawn likes to be large and in charge and does not give Jill much time to say what she wants to.  Shawn is like a dog with a bone, she grabs it and growls and won't let go.  I have even seen poor Isaac appear the same dispirited person as Jill does from time to time.  I think he has learned how to cope with Shawn but with women, that's a  whole different ballgame.  They need to pair Jill with some of the more professional women like Jill B, Mary Beth, Carolyn, Gabrielle, Pat D, Leah whose egoes are not so large it takes a wide-screen TV to display them.

Honored Contributor

@namealreadytaken wrote:

@msnicky wrote:

Jill doesn't speak well during her presentation because she doesn't design the clothing - she's the presenter- she's briefed.

she doesn't look good in the clothes - the fitting is off- it's weird

if you want someone to buy an overpriced line like GILI

and you want me to choose GILI over real Iconic designers like Isaac Mizrahi, Linea, Dennis Basso, Halston etc then you should get someone who can elevate the looks when they put them on - I have no problems with Jill M. She doesn't represent the line well- she sometimes seems irritated, temperamental, her hair looks bad. She looks down and around - not warm or engaging. If you want to take some to another level then find someone who is at that level- be at that level. Then I'll be inspired and purchase something.

I have noticed that when she is on with Shawn. Shawn likes to be large and in charge and does not give Jill much time to say what she wants to.  Shawn is like a dog with a bone, she grabs it and growls and won't let go.  I have even seen poor Isaac appear the same dispirited person as Jill does from time to time.  I think he has learned how to cope with Shawn but with women, that's a  whole different ballgame.  They need to pair Jill with some of the more professional women like Jill B, Mary Beth, Carolyn, Gabrielle, Pat D, Leah whose egoes are not so large it takes a wide-screen TV to display them.

Jill does a nice job presenting the line.  That being said..I'd agree.  She didn't look good in the clothing last night when I tuned in.  Her outfit wasn't flattering on her, and I didn't think it fit well at all.    It made her look almost dumpy.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Jill does a fine job presenting the products.  I disagree.  I think she has a nice slim figure and does look good in all of the clothing.

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for the TSV, but I loved the pouch.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Jill does a fine job presenting the products.  I disagree.  I think she has a nice slim figure and does look good in all of the clothing.

While it wasn't last night did you see her when she put the obi belt over the cardigan?! That was just bad...and it was bad on everyone who did it!

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I didn't care for the TSV, but I loved the pouch.

Me too!

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen Jill several times now. I think shes an attractive woman. However, I don't think she adds much to the mix.. I've heard here she's experienced w/TV, she's written a book, and is very fashionable. She just seems to be there w/o creating attention. The GILI line seems to be at a standstill. The Roma and the Obi is always on. I just don't think it'll be around much, unless it's given a shot of adrenalin

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I've seen Jill several times now. I think shes an attractive woman. However, I don't think she adds much to the mix.. I've heard here she's experienced w/TV, she's written a book, and is very fashionable. She just seems to be there w/o creating attention. The GILI line seems to be at a standstill. The Roma and the Obi is always on. I just don't think it'll be around much, unless it's given a shot of adrenalin

I agree with you but not sure how much say-so Jill has in that regard.  It might be that the GILI line is going high-tech glam and if so, I expect it will have a glamorous funeral sooner, rather than later.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought that Jill presented OK the G.I.L.I. TSV handbag, the RFID crossbody bag, and the RFID pouch and portfolio zipped bags.

When it comes to the clothes though, she's not convincing trying to sell those things as "elevated basics" because those clothes just don't fit the plus sized model Jackie very well.

I've read 2 of Jill's books on fashion and closet organizing and those G.I.L.I clothing items are NOT a "10" by any stretch of the imagination. I think the worst has to the the all leather zip moto jacket with the zippers emphasizing a large bustline.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@culebra wrote:

While it wasn't last night did you see her when she put the obi belt over the cardigan?! That was just bad...and it was bad on everyone who did it!

I agree.  The look was awful.  She doesn't always look bad in the GILI clothes, but I don't like the look more often than I do like it.  The Obi belt over the cardi was terrible.  

I loved the camo pants by Gili that were out a few months ago except for the fit and the 100% cotton and bulk.  The pattern was darling, but everything else was just...off.