Honored Contributor

Jill Martin did well on today's show

I happened to catch part of the G.I.L.I presentation of this bag earlier today.                               gili bag.png

It was the first time I'd seen Jill appear comfortable and at ease as well as having important information about the product at hand.

I think she seemed much more invested emotionally in the presentation as well.  In other words, she seemed to care more than she seemed to in previous months.  (All from my own perspective, of course.)

I'm happy that she is (or at least, seems) at ease.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Martin did well on today's show

Prior to now Jill probably had been presenting Lisa R's ideas.

Honored Contributor

Even if that's true (and I doubt it's completely true) that would be highly unprofessional on her part.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Even if that's true (and I doubt it's completely true) that would be highly unprofessional on her part.

?????  Can you please explain what it is that would be highly unprofessional? No snark here, just don't understand your comment. TIA.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

If it were true that none of the items previously presented by Jill Martin were part of the designs Jill Martin worked on, she should nevertheless have presented them with enthusiasm.   The job is to sell them, not to sell them grudgingly.   She is taking the role of the vendor.

I never felt that she showed much connection to the products during presentations before today.  (Not that I've seen all her presentations.)  But in earlier months I noticed that there was a disconnect between Jill and the items she was supposed to represent.  Today the disconnect was clearly gone and she seemed very happy with the items.  

I get it if she didn't feel as much joy with things she may not have designed or been part of.  But again, her job was to sell them to the viewer.  

Respected Contributor

I caught a couple of her presentations and she did well, except I don't understand why she kept slamming that clutch on the floor.Smiley Surprised

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

I caught a couple of her presentations and she did well, except I don't understand why she kept slamming that clutch on the floor.Smiley Surprised

the pouch? i bought three of them.......

they have some type of protection for your phone so if you drop it, your phone should not crack. i believe she said they tested it on an 18 foot ladder also.

i like her......she was a good choice to represent the line.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 thanks.  I guess that would explain it.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

I agree that Jill did well in the presentation I saw, but I have always felt she was comfortable in front of the camera. My impression is that it is QVC which has actually become more invested in the GILI line -- thereby giving Jill more things to talk about.  For example: the high tech aspects of the bags as well as the intention to develop new collections within the line.

Honored Contributor

I watched the TSV handbag launch Sun night & PMStyle-I think Jill is doing well-better than her initial "GILI" presentations. Also now that she is involved in the selection/design of the new items, it will reflect more as her own rather than Lisa's inspirations. 

I didn't see any of the other presentations-wanted to see the crossbody bag presented so I will look for the video. The RFID pouch looks interesting but is it true that your phone or IPad cannot receive data when enclosed in these types d RFID protector cases? That means you won't hear the phone ring or receive text messages. I have to give this more thought.

Did anyone purchase the new pouch or crossbody?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri