Esteemed Contributor
On 6/23/2014 just4me said:

Am i rude to inform the OP that her grammar is poor?

I agree that the hugging/kissing is overkill.

Not if you're an English teacher, and she's your student.

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't believe Jill was on late on a Sunday night. I think she does a fine job. I usually will watch the whole presentation if Jill is hosting if it is something I'm interested in, but SG isn't a fave of mine.

Esteemed Contributor

At the risk of sounding rude, I really am amazed at the things that are discussed here at QVC community. When I first came here, I came to see if people were discussing products but I never thought it would devolve into a b_ing fest about the hosts and dissecting their every movement or hanging on to every word they say.

I am also amazed to see that people post stories about their coldsores. I mean, really?

Respected Contributor
Actually I watched the show and I think Jill knew she had her work cut out for her to keep Susan in line! I think she did great and a couple times Susan started her ranting and Jill cut her off by saying ""I'm going to do colors first."" Susan knows what hosts she can or can't overpower. I think it's great that Jill didn't gush over some of Susan's clothes because I think Jill is honest.
Honored Contributor
On 6/23/2014 magicmoodz said:

I would rather have 12 Jill Bauer's to 1 Lisa Robertson. My husband was not home early evening so I thought I would have a nice relaxing evening to tune into PM Style. OMG! Lisa was bouncing off the walls tonight. 15 seconds into that two-bit shtick and I grabbed my car keys and headed to the neighborhood nursery. Could. not. deal.

Couldn't you of changed the channel?

Regular Contributor
On 6/23/2014 sparklestar said:
On 6/23/2014 ritasNo1Fan said: Some posters are thin skinned.

Makes you wonder how they make it through their everyday life.

Respected Contributor
On 6/24/2014 wvumountiefan said: Actually I watched the show and I think Jill knew she had her work cut out for her to keep Susan in line! I think she did great and a couple times Susan started her ranting and Jill cut her off by saying "I'm going to do colors first." Susan knows what hosts she can or can't overpower. I think it's great that Jill didn't gush over some of Susan's clothes because I think Jill is honest.

I noticed that too. Good for Jill. Usually Susan's shows are like a train wreck with her month running constantly. I don't enjoy SG shows with most hosts.

BTW, Jill's Mom was a school teacher. She probably picked up a lot of mannerisms from her Mom. I've heard her talk about her Mom a few times and it is clear she really admired her.

Honored Contributor
On 6/24/2014 Perkup said:
On 6/24/2014 wvumountiefan said: Actually I watched the show and I think Jill knew she had her work cut out for her to keep Susan in line! I think she did great and a couple times Susan started her ranting and Jill cut her off by saying "I'm going to do colors first." Susan knows what hosts she can or can't overpower. I think it's great that Jill didn't gush over some of Susan's clothes because I think Jill is honest.

I noticed that too. Good for Jill. Usually Susan's shows are like a train wreck with her month running constantly. I don't enjoy SG shows with most hosts.

BTW, Jill's Mom was a school teacher. She probably picked up a lot of mannerisms from her Mom. I've heard her talk about her Mom a few times and it is clear she really admired her.

And since the death of Jill's father, her mom now lives very close to Jill so they probably spend more time together, which only adds to that.

Super Contributor
On 6/24/2014 taja123 said:
On 6/23/2014 just4me said:

Am i rude to inform the OP that her grammar is poor?

I agree that the hugging/kissing is overkill.

Not if you're an English teacher, and she's your student.

lol

Super Contributor
That oh-so-fake kissing etc., drives me mad! Please stop!! Like Joan Rivers on 'Fashion Police', 'Gotta have it or 'make it stop'. MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!'
On 6/23/2014 Daysdee said:
On 6/23/2014 fthunt said:

Oh Jill was just making a normal funny - I've said that to my off-the-wall type friends. Lighten up.

I did notice Susan expected to share a hug with Jill like all the other hosts do - but Jill was having no part of that. Susan leaned forward and Jill pulled back. Most host are huggers and kissers - (which I'm tired of) .....but Jill is selective (as to whom she embraces)

I have noticed that Jill doesn't often hug and kiss either. I like that style better. To me the hug and kiss are so awkward and inappropriate. Especially Lisa with her "kiss on both sides" and the loud "mwah!!). QVC should just have them say "welcome Joan" and perhaps shake hands.