Valued Contributor

Now listen. Haha. I love it.

Contributor

If Joan Rivers wants to hug Jill, Jill will hug her. If Judith Ripka wants to hug Jill, Jill will hug her. If Dennis Basso wants to hug Jill, Jill will hug him. If you're a big name, Jill will hug. Jill doesn't like Susan Graver. It's pretty obvious.

Super Contributor

Am i rude to inform the OP that her grammar is poor?

I agree that the hugging/kissing is overkill.

Respected Contributor
On 6/23/2014 Flamom said:

I didn't find that rude although Jill is often rude. For example she'll say to the viewers...."now listen" as if it's an order to pay attention, dial in quickly, etc. I'm not gonna be ordered about by someone who wants MY dollars. Yet, she's one of my favorite hosts because she is smart, articulate and relatively honest. Wink

LOL re: "Listen!" They all have their little catchphrases that they repeat ad nauseum - "amazing amazing" "less than the cost of admission" "feels just like buttah" "now that's just perfect" "here's the thing"

I do like Jill's presentations because she does a good job of describing items, differentiating colors, etc

Honored Contributor

She was not rude in any way shape or form. It was lighthearted fun. Some sure can manufacture such negativity!!

Honored Contributor

I thought that was hilarious!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

I agree with a previous poster, that Jill does great, when she's by herself. Not so much with vendors. And, come on, Jill also does her fair share of gushing. I've seen her gush over a couple of jewelry designers and pieces, as well as beauty vendors and products. She also likes to name drop once and awhile. And on a couple of occasions I heard her, at best, outright exaggerate, and at worst, lie in a couple of presentations. I've also seen her not engage with a couple of vendors, not acknowledging anything they were saying. And I've also seen her engaged to where a thought will occur to her and she will speak right over the vendor. But I've also seen her give a great presentation, once again, when she was by herself.

And by the way, it doesn't have to be one or the other. As in, matter of fact and abrupt or friendly and fake. It is possible to be friendly and matter of fact. Just my two cents. Smile

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/23/2014 SeaRae said:

I agree with a previous poster, that Jill does great, when she's by herself. Not so much with vendors. And, come on, Jill also does her fair share of gushing. I've seen her gush over a couple of jewelry designers and pieces, as well as beauty vendors and products. She also likes to name drop once and awhile. And on a couple of occasions I heard her, at best, outright exaggerate, and at worst, lie in a couple of presentations. I've also seen her not engage with a couple of vendors, not acknowledging anything they were saying. And I've also seen her engaged to where a thought will occur to her and she will speak right over the vendor. But I've also seen her give a great presentation, once again, when she was by herself.

And by the way, it doesn't have to be one or the other. As in, matter of fact and abrupt or friendly and fake. It is possible to be friendly and matter of fact. Just my two cents. Smile

I think you have it exactly right. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/23/2014 TX-starlight said:
On 6/23/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I posted this elsewhere before I saw this thread. Jill is my favorite host and while I didn't think what she said was rude, something seemed off with Jill last night. She seemed on edge or perturbed to me. I thought she was a little short and unfriendly to a couple of callers as well.

Jill doesn't give off that warm and fuzzy vibe to me anyhow. She is very matter of fact and straight forward. As I said, she's my favorite host but I did think something was out of sorts with her last night.

I agree, I posted similar answer. I thought Jill was "off" last night.

I agree; I thought she was a little unpleasant last night---but as other posters have noted---I think that's just her personality. She is definitely NOT one of my favorite hosts, but "to each their own", I guess. I thought Susan was wonderful.
Regular Contributor

Actually it's usually Susan who is rude. She talks over the hosts consistently. I might some of her clothing but I always put it on mute to see it on the models. She DRIVES ME NUTS with the constant moving, touching, ooooh and ahhhing. She's the most irritating of all the vendors to me.