Honored Contributor

I like sterling silver. Since you are home, maybe some silver balls if your ears are pierced. I would suggest a sterling necklace that is closer to the throat, and a cuff. Hoops can catch on things as do long necklaces. I prefer the Ultrafine sterling sold here. Enjoy whatever you choose!

Contributor

Earrings----Pearl studs, Diamond studs (Diamonique), hoops

Bracelet- Bangle, Pandora bracelet, Diamond tennis bracelet (Diamonique), Alex and Ani (I have not purchased any but plan to.

Necklace Solitaire pendant on a necklace, Rolo Link, Rope chain.

Good luck and enjoy

Super Contributor
I love real gold for everyday. I think in the long run, because of how sturdy it is, it's a better investment than other metals. But I admit it, I'm hooked on gold.
Valued Contributor
You should be able to get decent pieces, fashion and otherwise, for reasonable prices provided you shop smart. Kohl's might be a good place to look as well as they carry a variety of fashion to sterling, vermeil, and 10-14k pieces. Depending on your age you might be eligible for the Wednesday senior discount. My jeweler says every woman should have a strand of classic pearls, pearl studs, at least one pair of hoops, etc. Many style gurus and bloggers have their own guidelines. I wear what makes me feel good at the time, including my my grandmother's cocktail ring. It's my everyday staple.
Super Contributor

SBD is my go-to for every day because of the look you can get for not a lot of money. Also the designs tend to be sporty and/or understated. I like the pieces shown, and if you want more movement they have some cute charm bracelets (one charm). I also have one of their anklets I wear all summer.

My other suggestion is look at some Honora pieces, their have some cute things that are feminine / classic and not too pricey if bought in silver.

I got some silver cleaner at the Container Store for anyone interested, and then I use a cloth from Walmart for the pieces with pearls.

New Contributor

I have a monogrammed silver cuff bracelet that I ordered from Marley Lily. It is my favorite piece of jewelry. Can be worn dressy or casual and never goes out of style. Have fun with your jewelry shopping and wear them in good health!