Respected Contributor

I hope it's ok to post this topic in this forum, as it relates to accessories and our overall look.

I want to add a few pieces of jewelry to my wardrobe this year. I have practically none (wedding ring, a watch, earrings that I mostly don't wear).

Can you all suggest a few items of jewelry that you wear - or would wear - for everyday use? I'm retired and have a casual lifestyle.

I would love something simple, maybe a cuff bracelet or a simple necklace that would go with a lot of things, or a pretty fashion watch. Any ideas for something that wouldn't break the bank?

Valued Contributor

I have a lot of Steel by Design jewelry and find it perfect for every day. High quality watches, necklaces, bracelets. My favorite earrings in the line are these:

J153696

Steel by Design Polished Oval Omega Back Hoop Earrings

Super Contributor

Alex and Ani bracelets are a fun, inexpensive way to jump into wearing more jewelry. They are thin, adjustable bangles with fun charms. You can layer as many or as few as you like.

You can get them at Nordstroms and they have their own website. There is a thread in the jewelry forum with a lot of good info about them including another site called Zeeberry.

A good chain and pendant in the metal of your choice is always nice to wear.

Esteemed Contributor

For versatility, I would suggest a chain and pendant for your neck. Currently I wear several 14k gold in varying lengths. Each pendant has a special meaning to me. You could choose your initial or a heart or something meaningful and feel good wearing it everyday.

Contributor

I think a pendant necklace is a great idea. Then you can change the pendant for different looks! I would think you could create a lot of looks with the basics: a good pair of earrings (think classics like hoops, love knots, or small dangles), a statement necklace, and either a few small bangles or one large - depending on your preference. I like a lot of statement pieces from places like J Crew and Anthropologie but can not afford their prices, so I purchase similar pieces from Etsy (usually in more neutral colors to get a lot of wear out of them) and second hands on Ebay. That has been a good way to diversify my jewelry wardrobe while staying current on style and not breaking the bank! Good luckSmiley Happy Hope you find some pieces that you love!

Honored Contributor

I really like the JBK paperclip necklaces (in silvertone or goldtone).

I also like her Mariner Link necklace.

Respected Contributor

Great ideas, everyone! Thank you so much for your input!! I will be looking into every suggestion.

I first looked at the Steel by Design line at QVC. I love the look of silver but not the upkeep, so this line would be a good one for me.

I liked this bangle which is on sale. I think it would pretty for casual dinners out.

J287153

Steel

Lots more to look at and for. Thanks for all of the help!

Honored Contributor

If you have pierced ears, I can recommend the following steel by design earrings in the stainless steel and yellow gold colors:

J286560 - on clearance

Steel by Design Door Knocker Style Earrings

I also like the following steel by design necklace - on sale too J286572

Steel by Design 28 Status Link Necklace

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Contributor
On 3/11/2014 peachesncream said:

Great ideas, everyone! Thank you so much for your input!! I will be looking into every suggestion.

I first looked at the Steel by Design line at QVC. I love the look of silver but not the upkeep, so this line would be a good one for me.

I liked this bangle which is on sale. I think it would pretty for casual dinners out.

J287153

Steel

Lots more to look at and for. Thanks for all of the help!

I thought that I would like the SBD line as well, as I love sterling silver. Although I liked the look of some of the pieces, in person, it doesn't look anything like silver. I really like the look of high polished silver and the stainless steel has a darker look to it. Like stainless steel. If you think you will like that kind of look, you should be happy with it. Also, maybe try one of the ceramic watches. They come in cool colors. IM has a bunch of them and usually one or two on ezpay.

Valued Contributor
On 3/11/2014 lolakimono said:

I really like the JBK paperclip necklaces (in silvertone or goldtone).

Jacqueline Kennedy Silvertone Paperclip Neck - J283311 Jacqueline Kennedy Goldtone Paperclip Necklace - J149780

I also like her Mariner Link necklace.

Jacqueline Kennedy Status Mariner Link Long Necklace

Lola, do you have any of them? I almost bought the gold last year when they said they couldn't do it anymore but I was not able to. Now I have seen that it is back and I hope it is the same as what was offered before. I think it is a classic look and if you have just a couple pieces you want to travel with, the bracelet and necklace are the ticket...I prefer the gold. If you have them, do you like them? I have a couple of other JBK pieces and they are made very well. Darn, I just realized I could have bought them yesterday on the easy pay day. {#emotions_dlg.huh}