Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jennifer's Turtleneck cold shoulder top on right now?

@KingstonsMom wrote:

IMO 'turtleneck' and 'cold shoulder' in the same sentence is an oxymoron, but that's just me.

I never 'got' the cold shoulder craze.

It's not just you @KingstonsMom   Makes absolutely no sense to me and never did. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I guess I don't understand the comments here.

OP asked a legitimate question, presumably because she LIKES the sweater and is interested in purchasing it.

I don't know how the "it's ugly" or out of style comments contribute in any way to helping to answer her question.

Bah, humbug! | Picture Quotes

It's the holidays. 

Spread some cheer if you can. 

You never know how your comments might affect someone else who was looking for a "pick me up" fashion addition.

@lolakimono 

With all due respect, I don't understand berating someone about THEIR opinion on a posted thread.

If you post it, you're inviting other poster's opinions on the subject, whether they agree with your opinion on said subject or not.

IMO, it's not fair to make another poster feel guilty for voicing their opinion, simply because they do not agree with the OP.

I guess I don't understand YOUR comment......but that's okay, I don't need to.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Secretariat1 

The expensive version ($259) is by Paige- "Raundi Cutout Shoulder Sweater"

PAIGE Raundi Cutout Shoulder Sweater, Main, color, HEATHER GREY

The less expensive look is by 1. State- "Cold-Shoulder Cuffed Turtleneck Sweater"- $41.48 at Macy's with code.

Thank you, lolakimono! I actually found the 'expensive' version on Nordstrom's website - bad reviews, but I will pick up the Macy's version thanks in part to your very helpful response! Happy holidays!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@lolakimono 

With all due respect, I don't understand berating someone about THEIR opinion on a posted thread.

If you post it, you're inviting other poster's opinions on the subject, whether they agree with your opinion on said subject or not.

IMO, it's not fair to make another poster feel guilty for voicing their opinion, simply because they do not agree with the OP.

I guess I don't understand YOUR comment......but that's okay, I don't need to.

@KingstonsMom 

Usually, when people are unsure about a purchase, they will phrase it as a question:

• What do you think about this?
  • Would you wear this?
  • Do you think it will go out of style?
  • Do you own anything like this?
  • I'm a size 16, do you think it would look okay?
  • Would this look silly on a 67 year old?

I have no problem when people give their opinions about something specifically when an OP asks for them.

In this case, she saw a host with an item and wondered where she could purchase it.

That was the only question.

IMO, saying that what she fancied is ugly, out of style, etc. goes above and beyond- now it's just "mean girls" behavior to pile on.

How might you feel if you saw something and came here to post about it, wondering where you can get it and the responses were things like...

• Why would you want that? It's ugly.
  • Who wears that in 2020?
  • I wouldn't wear that if someone gave it to me for free!
  • I don't know, but I just wanted to say that it's AWFUL!
  • She needs a new stylist.

I don't think that most of these posters ARE mean girls, I just think that people got carried away and I'm asking you to think about your response to this poster about this thread.

That's all.

Honored Contributor

I love that look.  I like the pricey one and the less expensive one too.  If it weren't for the bra strap issue, I'd buy one!

Honored Contributor

I love it!  I will have to take a looksie at Macy's!