Respected Contributor

Re: Jennifer Lopez posts a pic in a white string bikini....

Granted, JLo looks like a million dollars, but why does she need to show it off--just because she can?

Honored Contributor

Never the "high road".
Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

Way too old and (hopefully) too wise to insult herself with public photographs such as this.  Where is her brain?  I don't understand it.

@Nonametoday   Uh, sounds like a few sour grapes. If most of us had that body, even 20 yrs. ago, and could rock that bikini, we'd be wearing it...and proudly. It's a big part of a celebrity's day to work out and stay fit. Good for her at 50. 

@Shanus   My boobs were not saggy like hers at her age.  They were large and I did undergo a reduction, but amazingly they never sagged and yes, I did keep in shape until I had MS.  That is no fault of mine but when I hit 40, I knew that  clothes should be on my body.  I developed MS at age 51.  I still do not look my age and neither does my body but I am not in bad shape for someone who has MS and osteoporosis. However, no matter what, I would not want my children to be ashamed that their mother was an exhibitionist. Same reason I would never get a tattoo.  It is normal for people to age and they should act their age.  

I was walking 5 miles per day until last year.  I venture to say maybe 1% of the people my age and probably 0% with my maladies walk even 1 mile per day.  So, no for me.  It's not sour grapes. It's decorum.

Beautifully stated.  I admire your spirit and fortitude.

Honored Contributor

@Nbo wrote:

She looks great. I am happy that she is showing that at 50 a woman is still stunning and is not over the hill.  

@Nbo But I am sorry that it sends the message that women should look like this at 50, and that is what makes them valuable and special at 50. And that's it's the look and the body that women are all about.

Super Contributor

@Sooner All of us women come in all shapes and sizes and we are all beautiful. But for a long time woman were being treated like life was over once they had children. We are mothers,wives,lovers. I like that I am 53 and look fabulous. I like that I can still turn heads. There is nothing wrong in a woman being proud of her body. The female body is beautiful. 

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

Way too old and (hopefully) too wise to insult herself with public photographs such as this.  Where is her brain?  I don't understand it.

'too old' ???? seriously??

@ellaphant   Yes, I think when someone turns half century in age, they should try keeping their boobs to themselves.  I think these bikinis are for young girls, not women over 40.

---

How many women under 40, heck, under 20,,have her body? Not many! 

Far from insulting herself, she deserves to be proud, of taking such good care of herself.  

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Granted, JLo looks like a million dollars, but why does she need to show it off--just because she can?

@ScarletDove It's a competitive business and youth is everything. JLo knows that and looks just as good if not better than most 20 year olds. It gives her an edge in the business...

Personally, I cannot imagine the amount of stress always having to be "on" would create but in her chosen profession, it's the name of the game....

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think she looks fantastic.  She has an awesome body no matter what age she is and there is absolutely nothing wrong with her wearing that bikini.

That being said, I personally have always found something very desperate about people who need to post these types of selfies.

I agree, except for your last sentence. Not all, but in many cases, the celebrities that post these types of sefies do so for promotional purposes that provides a revenue source. 

Why the reposts? And seeming photos that are clearly 'gotcha' or bait (I.e. ugly outfit, nudity, etc). Isn't that desperation? What's the intent/purpose? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday   Uh, sounds like a few sour grapes. If most of us had that body, even 20 yrs. ago, and could rock that bikini, we'd be wearing it...and proudly. It's a big part of a celebrity's day to work out and stay fit. Good for her at 50. 

@Shanus   My boobs were not saggy like hers at her age.  They were large and I did undergo a reduction, but amazingly they never sagged and yes, I did keep in shape until I had MS.  That is no fault of mine but when I hit 40, I knew that  clothes should be on my body.  I developed MS at age 51.  I still do not look my age and neither does my body but I am not in bad shape for someone who has MS and osteoporosis. However, no matter what, I would not want my children to be ashamed that their mother was an exhibitionist. Same reason I would never get a tattoo.  It is normal for people to age and they should act their age.  

I was walking 5 miles per day until last year.  I venture to say maybe 1% of the people my age and probably 0% with my maladies walk even 1 mile per day.  So, no for me.  It's not sour grapes. It's decorum.

---      
I'm guessing her kids are proud, that Mom is beautiful, talented, and healthy. She's obviously comfortable with her body, and her sexuality, and I think that sends a healthier message, than decorum.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

LOL  Yeah, that's why she posted that picture...LOL    She's an amazing body that cost her a fortune plastic surgery, gyms, personal trainers, nutritionists, food restriction....it's brutal.  So, she likes showing it off.  Even when no one is asking to see it LOL.

@chrystaltree   The boyfriend kept in shape with anabolic steroids.  Hmmmm.