Respected Contributor

Re: Jennifer Garner's Dress With Sneakers

[ Edited ]

I will say, I've done the look once...just above the knee, nautical striped t-shirt dress from Banana Republic, with some blue denim, boater type laced Sperrys with the raw-hide laces. That's how at 5'2" I can pass it off, and it was fine. But I still prefer all my summer dresses with sandals.  Still, this look, like on Jennifer, can be cute on some...and definitely easy when running around, doing errands, sight-seeing etc. Sporty, Americana, I'd call it.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind tennis shoes with a dress as long as the dress is more casual like a sundress, etc.  For me, this particular dress that Jennifer is wearing is a "bit" too dressy to be wearing it w/ tennis shoes The dress looks like something you might wear to church or the office.  That's why I don't particularly care for the tennis shoes with it.  I do like both components separately though.

I also understand the concept if you lived in NYC or some other city where you had to walk a lot to get to work, etc. but that is not the case here.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I just wore a skirt with white tennis type shoes, on Saturday, although they were not actual tennis shoes, they were more relaxed and a little more dressy than tennis shoes, and I loved the look and the fact that my feet were comfy as well. My skirt was not a jean skirt either.......I do see a lot of women wearing jean skirts with tennis shoes and I like that look as well......

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the dress or the sneakers.

Honored Contributor

Neither do I.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."