Valued Contributor

Re: Jennifer Anniston - Elle magazine January 2019

@Sooner wrote:

I don't keep up with her, but is she known for anything but looking young?  Not trying to bash, just wondering what she is known for. She isn't someone I follow.

She starred on FRIENDS for 10 years and since then has made many movies, helps her “TV mom,” Marlo Thomas, generate donations to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, is a spokesperson for Aveeno skincare, and is the ex-wife of Brad Pitt.

Respected Contributor

She looks great!  I could not wear that dress; however, on her it looks fantastic. 

I wonder if she will be on the cover of AARP?  Doesn't that start at 50?

Respected Contributor

The dress itself is (IMO) ugly.

Valued Contributor

She’s beautiful and looks GORGEOUS in that dress! (Wow, I guess 50 is the new 40! She’s got a good 10 years, I believe, before she has to start fielding AARPs calls, but hey, if she wants to, more power to her!!!)

Honored Contributor

@mwmc wrote:

I just watched "Dumpling" , her new movie on Netfilx. I was enjoyable. I really liked it.

@mwmc  Thank you for the heads-up on Dumpling.  Will try to watch it over the next week.  I hope it lives up to my expectations.  Why would it not with her and Dolly?

Honored Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I don't keep up with her, but is she known for anything but looking young?  Not trying to bash, just wondering what she is known for. She isn't someone I follow.

She starred on FRIENDS for 10 years and since then has made many movies, helps her “TV mom,” Marlo Thomas, generate donations to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, is a spokesperson for Aveeno skincare, and is the ex-wife of Brad Pitt.

@Ifeelwicked  Have you read about her relationship with her parents (her father who was a star on "Days of our Lives") and her mother who was a model, and how her mother constantly criticized her for not being glamorous as she was.  It sounds really sad.  I think Jen is beautiful.  I cannot imagine a mother talking to her daughter like that. 

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Ifeelwicked  Have you read about her relationship with her parents (her father who was a star on "Days of our Lives") and her mother who was a model, and how her mother constantly criticized her for not being glamorous as she was.  It sounds really sad.  I think Jen is beautiful.  I cannot imagine a mother talking to her daughter like that. 

I try to steal clear of all of that and just focus on her work. I responded mainly bc I didn’t think there was a person living that didn’t know the cast of FRIENDS, whether or not they watched it. (I live in So. Cal, just outside of L.A. That may explain it. 😉)

Respected Contributor

Nice shot!

Fits the setting.

With her hair a little tousled and the snake print dress.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I see her more as "girl next door" than glamorous.

Jen looks to me as the quintessential California girl next door

I had a mother like that, never enough.  Took me a long time to love myself.

Honored Contributor

Dress isn't my personal taste but she looks great. I love her in the St. Jude ads, they show her genuine heart.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"