Super Contributor

Jen7 jeans and cropped jeans

Can anyone speak to the sizing of this brand? With NYDJ, they say to size down one size. Do these sizes run true to QVC pants sizing or do you size down (or up) from that size?

I did look on the garment size chart, which helps, but my measurements never fall that well within the chart. (I am apple shaped.)

I usually wear a size 14 in WWC, Issac, etc., but have tried one pair of NYDJ and they were a 12 and fit. I'd rather use a comparison between the other brands if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

New Contributor

Re: Jen7 jeans and cropped jeans

I have bought both brands and I'm apple shape too.  My regular jeans size is 6.  I have 3 pairs of Jen7 skinnies.  I got size 6 in dark and medium wash and size 8 in white.  I often go up one size in white skinnies.  I don't think I could have sized down to a 4 in the Jen7 skinnies. 

I have 1 pair of NYDJ.  They are Marilyn straight ankle in size 6.  They fit pretty relaxed.  The size 4 probably would fit me in the straight style but would be tighter in the hip and thigh.  I like the fit of my usual size 6 in these.  I hope this helps.

Super Contributor

Thank you @mimi_ 

When you say size 6 is your regular size, do you mean in QVC brands or in department store brands?

Appreciate the info!

Esteemed Contributor

@MM13 I am looking at Jen7 jeans myself.  Did you get them?  What can you say about fit.  I am not an apple, I have bigger hips, and the NYDJ did not fit in my regular size because they are pull on and they would not go up my hips.  So I need a fly.  I do wear Laurie Felt and WWC jeans with flies.  Would love to hear what you did!

Super Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@MM13 I am looking at Jen7 jeans myself.  Did you get them?  What can you say about fit.  I am not an apple, I have bigger hips, and the NYDJ did not fit in my regular size because they are pull on and they would not go up my hips.  So I need a fly.  I do wear Laurie Felt and WWC jeans with flies.  Would love to hear what you did!

@NYCLatinaMeNo, sorry I didn't buy any yet. Because they are pricey, I didn't feel comfortable with buying unless I am more sure of the sizing. Maybe if there's a good pair on clearance, I will risk it and get back to you!

Respected Contributor

I too would like more information about sizing for Jen 7.

I do not like NYDJ bc of the weight of the fabric.

I am a size 8 in Talbots jeans and pants.

I just got and kept Madewell high waist skinny and kept the size 30 which is a 10 I think. The 29 waist was better but the legs were much slimmer.

I'm liking the cotton lycell, span blend but searching now for brand and fit.

I tried some knit legging and kept the HUE brand in medium and returned the lysee same style and fabric. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @MM13 I decided to give a pair a try yesterday.  I watched the presentation and they seemed stretchy.  They are numbered sizes.  They were pricey!  I will report since there is so little information!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't really help.  I had purchased 7 for all Mankind in the past, but I always buy jeans that are waist size.  Never dress size.  This Jen7 is a separate line (I never saw it before at department stores) so I have no idea. For best fit of jeans, you need a zipper fly.

7 For all Mankind was expensive before when they were made in the U.S.  Since 2009, they moved overseas.  The prices are actually lower then the premium jeans now made in the U.S.

Super Contributor

I ordered some Jen7 last year when Amy presented them.  I ordered my usual QVC 6, have hips. but other QVC brands fit fine in 6, loose in 8.  I ended up returning, felt a little slimmish to me so if I ordered this brand again I would go with the 8.  Hope this helps.