Super Contributor

Hi, can anyone recommend a Jean with working zipper and button ( not pull on). I would prefer them to be high rise, I really liked denim and co studio jeans from a few years back but they no longer carry them. I notice all the newer jeans pull on or hit right where the muffin top is and push it over. Also please no 125.00 dollar jeans, just not in my price range right now. I know jeans are hard and fit everyone differently, but I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 

If you want a really, really good, quality pair of jeans go to Talbots where they have premium denim that fits.  You will wear them for ever; Labor Day is a traditional day for coupons although I don't know what is coming.

Respected Contributor

I like Lauren Ralph Lauren jeans which I buy at Macy's. There are a variety of styles. I always buy them on sale and save much.

Respected Contributor

@Rose429   I wear high rise and Gloria Vanderbilt is the brand I always buy.  I can usually find them on sale, too.  But even at full price they are reasonable.

I know how well they fit me and what size, style, and inseam to choose so I can order them online.

Good luck and if you get a chance please circle back and tell us what brand you decided to buy and if you are happy with them.

aroc3435

Washington,  DC

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Rose429 

If you want a really, really good, quality pair of jeans go to Talbots where they have premium denim that fits.  You will wear them for ever; Labor Day is a traditional day for coupons although I don't know what is coming.

@Rose429  @ECBG  I agree - Talbots has great jeans! They're having a flash sale through midnight tonight. One of the deals is 60% off all markdowns, including many of their jeans. Some of them are clearly geared to summer, but others could be worn year-round. Many are final sale, so be sure to consult the size guide for pants before ordering. 

ETA: If you have a Talbots outlet near you, they usually have great sales around Federal holidays. 

Trusted Contributor

Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans are perfect for me. Classic cut, buttons and zippers, and good denim weight, very soft. They come in missy sizes and plus sizes. Also regular, short and tall inseams. They're a good value in the under $50 price point.  Consistent sizing and fit, so once you find out what to buy for your comfort in the Amanda jean, you can buy online or in person anywhere. 

Although I frequently find them very available in many colors and sizes for a good selection at Costco, I know the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans are sold at Kohl's and Target. 

Regular Contributor

I wear only Lee brand jeans. I prefer the style with some spandex and a comfort flex waist. They run about $55 at Kohls but I buy them when they have a sale price of about $35. They wear like iron, never get baggy knees and the waist on the siyle I prefer hits right under my naval.

Super Contributor

Thank you all for taking the time to answer. I will give some of these brands a try. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 

If you're sticking with QVC brands I can tell you that peace love World, logo, and Lola are all really nice jeans

Respected Contributor
I love Laurie Felt jeans.