Esteemed Contributor

I buy my jeans from Target. They are called Denizen from Levi's. They have regular, tall and short. The jeans are sold for $30.00. I like them and they fit.. JJill have some good jeans. The price is $90.00. It just depends what you want. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you are searching for 100% cotton jeans with zipper and button front, five pockets, and a very reasonable cost, try L.L. Bean! After Levi's stopping their wonderful jeans (although I've heard they recently resumed women's jeans), I have been wearing Item ID 272059 for years. They are available in petite, medium, medium tall and talls, as well as your choice of colors. These jeans hit at the waist; are very comfortable and attractive with sandals, shoes or boots. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

From QVC, I agree with another poster Laurie Felt jeans.  Are pretty nice.  Can't help you with jeans.  I buy $200.00 up in jeans.  Frame, 3X1, McGuire, Citizens, Rag & Bone, etc. 

Respected Contributor

Tribal~When I worked retail women LOVED these. I have many pair I love also. Great fitting and looking jeans for mature women.

Not sure who in your area sells them, but you can buy from Tribal online.

Jag was another popular brand.

I also occasionally have bought, and loved Chicos jeans. They definitely do vanity sizing...I'm a solid 4 now and buy Chico's 00/US2 (Chicos has their own numbering system with zeros but correlate with regular numeric sizing.)  Anyway, I love their Girlfriend Ankle jean...comes in many washes, depending time of year, even colors occasionally. Good fit, comfortable, cute. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

Hi, can anyone recommend a Jean with working zipper and button ( not pull on). I would prefer them to be high rise, I really liked denim and co studio jeans from a few years back but they no longer carry them. I notice all the newer jeans pull on or hit right where the muffin top is and push it over. Also please no 125.00 dollar jeans, just not in my price range right now. I know jeans are hard and fit everyone differently, but I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Old Navy and Universal Thread from Target, I find the sizing pretty much consistent in UT priced well and big range of sizes, as with Old Navy.  but UT fit me better

and also Wild Fable a target junior brand but all sizes, can find some wonderful jeans there too I got these in a long length, perfect for me as they are a cropped jean $22, nice straight leg 

another brand I like is Just black denim but its more boutique, not crazy expensive 

Valued Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Rose429 

If you want a really, really good, quality pair of jeans go to Talbots where they have premium denim that fits.  You will wear them for ever; Labor Day is a traditional day for coupons although I don't know what is coming.

@Rose429  @ECBG  I agree - Talbots has great jeans! They're having a flash sale through midnight tonight. One of the deals is 60% off all markdowns, including many of their jeans. Some of them are clearly geared to summer, but others could be worn year-round. Many are final sale, so be sure to consult the size guide for pants before ordering. 

ETA: If you have a Talbots outlet near you, they usually have great sales around Federal holidays. 

I second Talbots (and I don't typically like jeans). They are comfortable, wear beautifully and flattering on.

Valued Contributor

I love Universal Thread from Target and J Jill's boyfriend, high-rise straight leg and their authentic fit slim leg.  

On another thread I mentioned finding a pair of Levi's at Costco for $19.99 that are my faves of the moment.  

Hey you, get off of my cloud...