Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I actually don't think $79 is a lot for ripped jeans. But QVC has just started carrying this trend NOW?? It's been around so long its already out. Typical.

No, these are not the first distressed jeans sold by the Q. They have had (for a while) a pretty good assortment of "trendy" denim in brands like Laurie Felt, G.I.L.I., Peace Love World, LOGO, and even D&Co Studio. Hem treatments, distressing, embroidery, current silhouettes, interesting colors/dye treatments, etc.

P.S. Somebody should tell other denim retailers such as Gap, Old Navy, Nordstrom, etc. that ripped jeans are already out ... they all have lots of them!

Respected Contributor

P.S. Somebody should tell other denim retailers such as Gap, Old Navy, Nordstrom, etc. that ripped jeans are already out ... they all have lots of them!

What makes you think they're "already out" if all the stores are still carrying them???? Makes no sense.  Everyone is wearing them, they are at this point a staple not a trend, and there is no "in" or "out" with them.  Denim styles have become very fluid and there aren't any rules nowadays like 20 years ago. You can wear anything from a flare to skinny crop to a straight leg, in any finish you want, and pair it with almost anything.

Trusted Contributor

Finally some true ripped jeans, instead of the ripped and patched D&Co version for people who, presumably, aren't ready to go full-skinSmiley LOL

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Valued Contributor

I just bought my first pair and said I never would.  Not sure why I did,  but I love them. 

Sale at JC Penney and did not spend a fortune.

Super Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

What makes you think they're "already out" if all the stores are still carrying them???? Makes no sense.  Everyone is wearing them, they are at this point a staple not a trend, and there is no "in" or "out" with them.  Denim styles have become very fluid and there aren't any rules nowadays like 20 years ago. You can wear anything from a flare to skinny crop to a straight leg, in any finish you want, and pair it with almost anything.

@Grouchomarx You are correct.  It is a great time for pants.  We have so many choices in widths and lengths right now.  I chuckled when reading that distressed jeans are not in style anymore.  There is a difference in not liking them and them not being in style.  I understand that my mom and my aunties in their 80s like to make fun, but it is all in good fun.  My sisters and I wear them, as do my nieces.  We just wear them differently. 

BTW, $79.00 is not a bad price for jeans.  They can easily cost 10 times that amount in "better" stores.  I'm not saying they are worth that price, but people will pay it.    

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@busygirl wrote:

I just bought my first pair and said I never would.  Not sure why I did,  but I love them. 

Sale at JC Penney and did not spend a fortune.

@busygirl I'm with you. I just bought my first pair at Target for $20. They're high waisted, which I really love. Not sure what took me so long, but I know exactly how and where I'll wear them Smiley Happy

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Nothing wrong with wearing distressed jeans; never has been. My issue is with paying for them that way! I prefer it happening organically..

I do have an issue with wearing them in a professional setting, unless you're a laborer of some sort, because while many things are stylish and/or trendy it doesn't mean they're appropriate for every situation (regardless of the Q's sale's pitches)

Trusted Contributor

When I first started seeing these, I thought "are you kidding me!"  Now, since they've been around for a while and I'm used to seeing them, I think they're kind of cute.  I just bought my first pair at Marshalls a couple weeks ago for $12. You know if I've just bought them the trend will be officially over soon!  Maybe I should buy a cold shoulder top to finally put that trend to rest!

Honored Contributor

These have been in style for quite a while now. I've never been a fan.

Respected Contributor

If jeans with rips or tears are your thing....go for it.

Don't worry....be happy. :-)