Respected Contributor

I'm certainly of the generation that wore hand me downs and dreamed of wearing nice new things and appreciate that I am able to have closets full of the outfits I enjoy. 

Trusted Contributor

@TW wrote:

Jeans with holes for $79.-?  Seen on QVC new items.  Really?! 

Not sure what the point you're trying to make. Really?!

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@ID2 

That's what I was thinking.  They've been around for years and years now and if QVC is selling them....the trend is offically dead.

These are not the first distressed jeans that QVC has sold. Even D&Co (Studio) has had a version of denim with a distressed look (A304472).

Honored Contributor

It may be new to QVC, but ripped jeans have been around since oh .....turn of the 20th century when jeans were invented.  Jeans originally were work clothes.  Of course they are going to be torn and ripped. And no the little holes that QVC modestly puts on are nothing like the big holes for your knees to show. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Ripped jeans,cold shoulder,off the shoulder have been around for a long time...since I was a young teen in the mid to late 60's.  There's a saying if you're old enough to remember a fad the first time around you probably shouldn't wear it when it comes around again. I agree.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

Fashions come and go, and we've all seen plenty of them over the years. I don't personally buy the jeans with the rips and tears, and I don't think they're attractive at all. But, my daughters-in-law wear them (in their mid 30s) - it's what they all wear. My opinion is that if they want to buy/wear them, that's their business. I have no idea how much they spend on them, but I really don't care. To each her own.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is extremely late as a retailer to jump on any trends. Distressed jeans have been around for years. But if you want to try the trend without spending money, watch some DIY youtube videos on distressing jeans yourself. You can make your holes in your jeans narrow and line underneath the leg of the jeans so you won't show skin. If you have a too short pair of jeans, undo the hem and press it flat for that deconstructed look.

Honored Contributor

$79 seems fair to me but I think if I were young and purchasing a pair of distressed jeans I would have chosen a recognizable brand...certainly not something from QVC.

Distressed jeans have been around for years and I think they are fine...just not particularly fond of them on a woman of a certain age (of which I am at this point.)

Respected Contributor

Poverty chic for the well-heeled.  (Or does the cool crowd also buy shoes with holes in their soles?)

Honored Contributor

I am 69 years old and I am not running around in jeans that are torn up not unless I tore them myself.  LOL  This way I would save the $79 or $179.

kindness is strength