Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

My 12 year old Granddaughter knows I won’t buy her jeans or pants with holes torn in them. 

We were shopping recently and she went up to the clerk with jeans that had holes. I reminded her that I won’t buy those. She replied:” She is holding them until tomorrow because my Mom will pick them up”.

I held my tongue because her Mom (not my daughter) wears jeans with holes everywhere!🙄

@1Snickers, your choice of course.

My 14-year-old granddaughter rocks her holey jeans. Without going way overboard, it's important to kids that age to wear what their friends are wearing. I may be old now, but I remember those days.

Oh, and I also like some distressing in jeans.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Take a pair of your own jeans and “distress” them yourself. Voila! You just saved yourself $79!
I think this style on anyone over 25 really looks like they are trying too hard...and to me, that’s the worst look anyone can have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Jeans with holes

[ Edited ]

Not really a fan of distressed, holey, raw hem, ripped, torn jeans. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
When I was still teaching, we had both boys and girls wear ripped jeans to school; they were promptly sent home to change or parents were asked to bring them a decent pair. Biggest prob with the girls? They would rip their own jeans in strategic places on the jeans....and wear no underwear.
Honored Contributor
This too, shall pass. Those wearing them now will look back and wonder what they were thinking....smh
Honored Contributor

Oh, don't pretend you haven't seen deconstructed jeans with holes and rips and frayed hems.  You know if's fashion and it's bee around for more than a few years now.  My 2 year old granddaughter even has a pair.  I bought a pair at Old Navy 3 years go.  That was one of my "what the heck was I thinking" experiences....LOL   I even wore them a few times.  It wasn't a good look on me.   There are times in life when we shouldn't listen to our daughters...LOL

Honored Contributor

@ID2 

That's what I was thinking.  They've been around for years and years now and if QVC is selling them....the trend is offically dead.

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
When I was still teaching, we had both boys and girls wear ripped jeans to school; they were promptly sent home to change or parents were asked to bring them a decent pair. Biggest prob with the girls? They would rip their own jeans in strategic places on the jeans....and wear no underwear.

Exactly why we need dress codes.  People just don't have good sense.

Trusted Contributor

On Judge Judy today, one of the plaintiff's witnesses was wearing ripped jeans -- in court!  I'm surprised the Judge didn't call her out.  She made the defendant zip up her jacket because it was too revealing.  smh

Honored Contributor

I have always liked the look and wore jeans with rips, holes, distressing since the 70's.  They were just well worn back then but the ones now are made so that in most cases the fraying or  frayed holes don't rip more or tear so for me that is worth the price.