Trusted Contributor

Jeans... which one holds it's shape?

I never order clothes from QVC however I don't feel like going jeans shopping and trying on pair after pair only to find too long, too big, too small, etc. Then when I wear them they seem to stretch out and not spring back. I like skinny jeans. Not that I am skinny but I am short and they seem to work better for me. I was watching Hot in Hollywood and wondered how her jeans were.  I know every line has a skinny jean but would like some spandex so it will hold some things in and keep it's shape. Any suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeans... which one holds it's shape?

I have a pair of Hot in Hollywood jeans and I love them.  Problem though is that the sizing is inconsistent.  I ordered another pair the exact same size and they were too tight and I still weigh the same!  Best to read the reviews before purchasing.  I recently purchased Kim Gravel's flexibelle jeans, they have good reviews and when I receive them I will write one to try and help my fellow shoppers. You would probably be better off ordering those.  Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a couple of pairs from Chico’s. I never buy clothes from QVC. Their sizes are all over the board and returns are to frustrating and expensive. As much as I hate to say it, take the time to try them on, or if you can’t or don’t want to do that, at least order from places that have free shipping both ways. LL Bean and Lands End are good.

Esteemed Contributor

Watch out, Lands End doesn't have free shipping. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I recently purchased Iman jeans from HSN.  Ordered my usual size and gasped in horror when I took them out of the bag because I thought for sure I'd never crawl into them.  Sure enough, the fabric is stretchy but not too stretchy.  They fit great and washed up nicely.  Ordered another pair in gray.  I despise stretchy jeans normally because they tend to stretch out or feel like rubber bands.  The Iman jeans are nice.  And they're under $50.  

Trusted Contributor

It's a little scary to buy jeans online for the first time.

I'm quite happy with Diane Gilman's Virtual Stretch jeans from HSN. The first time I bought them I bought 2 sizes to see which fit better.

Because they run big I kept the smaller size and then purchased a second pair in that same size. That pair runs a tad smaller.

I like those jeans as they are comfortable and recover well from sitting down - no knee bagging.

I've also had good luck with crop pants from Evine's OSO Casuals line. They have jeans too but I've not tried them.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@shoesnbags

Right at the top of the LE home page .. it says the minimum purchase is $50 for free shipping.  I've been buying from LE for years ... never paid for shipping

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@shoesnbags

Right at the top of the LE home page .. it says the minimum purchase is $50 for free shipping.  I've been buying from LE for years ... never paid for shipping

@ALRATIBA

I'm aware of that, but free shipping with a qualification of a minimum (Lands End) isn't the same as unqualified free shipping on everything (LLBean).  I order from both of them and have for years.  But I'm often just picking up a tee shirt - usually when it's on sale - so that $50 minimum counts to me.  I wasn't sure if the poster who was receiving the recommendation would know about that difference between the two.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

Thanks all. Ugh.. jeans and bras. Impossible to buy. I have read reviews and kind of gave up. It would be nice to have a go to brand/size to just order. I might try one out or not. Thanks ladies.
Respected Contributor

These

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Distressed-5-Pocket-Jeans.product.A281117.html?sc=NAVLIST

I have found the "click here" measurements to be accurate.