Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeans, pants, way too long

[ Edited ]

I'm 5'4" and usually Chicos works for me ( petite tops and short of ankle length work for me).

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone, I forgot that Kohl's does have short pants.

Honored Contributor

I know my inseam and go from there. 

Honored Contributor

Rember when you could walk into a Gap or any retailer that sold Levis and find a wall of jeans containing every possible waist/inseam combination??

Is anyone doing that any more (for women)?

Incidentally this is why men don't have the problems we do @Grouchomarx ! They have more options fitwise..

Respected Contributor

I always check the inseam before ordering. I'm EXTRA petite and petites can sometimes be too long for me. What I've found works well is ordering an ankle pant, because the inseam for an ankle pant often his me where I want a pair of normal jeans to be hemmed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Rember when you could walk into a Gap or any retailer that sold Levis and find a wall of jeans containing every possible waist/inseam combination??

Is anyone doing that any more (for women)?

Incidentally this is why men don't have the problems we do @Grouchomarx ! They have more options fitwise..

When I was working and could wear jeans I would go to Kohls Levis wall and buy two lengths, one to wear with boots, heels etc for work and one to wear with flat shoes or sneakers. Every possible combination of waiste and length.  Since now retired and a few lbs added and no heels I live in Kims flexabelles.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, 5'6" certainly isn't "short," so jeans manufacturers are accommodating varying heel heights.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

I've bought some of my Levi's at a Levi's Outlet nearby.  They still sell Levi's 'by the inch' in every waist and length measurement imaginable.  Or the short length offered at Kohl's works for me.    

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

My Kohl’s sells Levi’s straight leg jeans in short, regular, & tall inseams. They also have a variety of waist measures. In store or online I can usually find what I need.

I am 5’6” tall. I tend to wear jeans with sneakers or loafers so I don’t want a long inseam anyway. Levi’s tall inseam is way too long for me. I have one tall pair that I cuff so they won’t drag on the ground.