Valued Contributor

Every time I order jeans, they are so very long I have to hem them up, and I am 5'6". Just yesterday received another package of jeans, they seemed so so long. I wish they would come up with a "short "version not petite. I decided to just return them and not deal with the extra length.  I know Quacker factory has a short version but other than that brand I wish Denim and company would have "short ".

Honored Contributor

Re: Jeans, pants, way too long

I know what you mean. I guess they make them longer for people who wear shoes and boots with heels.  I can't wear any heels at all so this is always an issue for me, as well.  I   can sometimes wear petites in pants and jeans and sometimes not.  I hate always having to get these hemmed and I do not do them myself -- just an added cost.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 5'1" and hemming is a way of life.  However, I now buy my jeans and pants from Lands End since they offer multiple inseams as well as petite, regular, and tall sizes.  Kohls, Macy's, and LLBean also offer these options in many pants and jeans.  I always go to them first since I won't have to hem.  

Trusted Contributor

I've always had this issue, regular jeans are too long, petites too short...I'm 5'4.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans come in short (not petite) sizes.  You can buy "Amanda" jeans at JCPenney and Kohl's -- probably other stores that I'm not aware of.  I'm 5'2" and the "Amanda" short length fits me perfectly.   Kohl's "Sonoma" jeans come in short lengths -- and some Levi's come in short lengths.

I've become a big fan of 'ankle length' pants.  For me, the ankle pants fit me right at the top of my heel, where I want them.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I don’t mind hemming. Woven fabrics I do myself and knits I have tailor do. I use fabric fusing tape on woven fabrics.
Respected Contributor

In the last few years I have noticed this trend: pant lengths extremely long.  Similar to other posters, I can’t wear high heels in shoes or boots.  At the department stores I dread looking for slacks.  ( Slacks are one thing that I wouldn’t do on line. )

Having gone from 5’7” to 5’6” can’t be the reason that the pants are too long.  What a waste of fabric !  And, I won’t compound it with spending more $ post-sale to get them hemmed.  Thank goodness there is a brand in casual that has the “short” or regular length.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I'm 5'4" and if I want to wear any kind of heel at all, I need a 32" inseam.  Regular is too short for me and I cannot wear a tall because everything about the fit is off.  I need a long.

I'm not sure if they still carry them but Target's jeans used to come in regular, short and long.  

To be honest, I'm not even 100% sure that even though D&C says their items are petite, that they aren't really just short. 

Honored Contributor

I have to make sure that any pants I want are not ankle legnth-----way to short for my at 5'5"---why are they all like that??? Maybe for spring and summer but geez---I want my ankles covered and wearing socks looks dumb-----never wear heels so my pants are perfect at  30" long.

Respected Contributor

Notice that men don't have these problems.  Why can't our pants be made the same way?  And shirts, for that matter.