Trusted Contributor

I'm small but somewhat curvy. I usually buy INC jeans at Macy's and love their curvy fit, although I have to size down from an 8 to a 4 or 6 in the curvy sizes.

Lands End Fit 1 and Fit 2 are really nice! They have different colors. I recently purchased their fit 2 in a white and adore them. I have never been able to find white jeans that look decent. You can also choose your length which I love, too. Check out the reviews on them online. They get very good reviews. One is a slim leg and one is a straight leg.

Super Contributor

I turned 40 last month and can still wear junior sizes but my favorite jeans to wear are from Jennifer Lopez and Lee (Slender Secret) I love how the jeans from these brands look on me!

Contributor

I am in my 40's and Buckle is may favorite store to buy jeans. I like Miss Me, BKE & Rock Revival jeans. They have plenty of mid rise styles and curvy styles. Definitely worth spending a few extra bucks for jeans that fit and look good on you IMO.

Regular Contributor
On 12/18/2014 GoodStuff said:

You've been given some good suggestions for jeans to try.......but few things are as individual as finding jeans that fit! Every woman's shape and proportions are specific, and you'll have to get out there and try on jeans to find a style and brand that work best for you. There's no way around it; it's you and a pile of denim struggling to the death in a fitting room. Daunting, but true.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}Goodstuff, you are sooo right! I find Lee jeans work the best for me. I prefer a close-fit bootcut or straight leg jeans. That style gives me a longer-leg look. Tapered is not for me since I do not have long legs, only wish I had. As Goodstuff said, it's daunting until you find what looks and fits best on you.

Esteemed Contributor
On 12/19/2014 AspenGrove said:
On 12/18/2014 colliegirls said:

NYDJ from Nordstroms, love them!

Me too. However, I only like their straight leg styles. Just remember to buy one size below your normal size for the right fit. Have no clue why they do that, but they do.

I wear the same size as I do in all my pants, never had to size down for NYDJ.

Frequent Contributor
Lot's of great recs. I struggle every day trying to find jeans that fit. I have a thick waist but skinny legs They are always baggy in the legs and if I go down a Size that don't fit in the wait. Like jeans with some spandex and currently line but don't love Inc brand from Macys. Also bought a few pair of the levis mid rise skinny and hope they work. Ugh. Thanks for the other recs. Will keep on the lookout when shopping. Shopping girl
Valued Contributor

My favorite jeans are ones without a zipper/button. The manufacturers have finally figured out how to make these without any added material around the waist. My favorite ones, because they fit me to the T is NYDJ. I know they are expensive but I can handle the price. Sometimes I find them on sale but not very often. My favorite ones are the skinny style but I have had them for a few years. I used to buy DG2 but that brand went down a different road so I don't buy them anymore. I have a few Style and Co. ones that I also like.

Respected Contributor

I wear J Brand and Old Navy Rockstar skinny jeans.............

Regular Contributor

I vote for Old Navy as well. Not high waisted but not too low either. Pricing is great when ON has sales - I got three pair the week before Thanksgiving when the store was 50% off Smiley Happy

I just got my first pair of Style & Co black jeggings from Macy's - great fit also.

Betty

Esteemed Contributor

I went back to Lee jeans, too. Real jeans, not the trouser jean.

I'm 5'8" and high waisted. I tried DG 2 but too low cut for me with a high waist.

Lee has always fit me well with their "at the waist" fit and straight leg. I don't care for bootcut.