Honored Contributor
On 12/18/2014 ury said:

At this point I'm wearing Amanda jeans from Costco. Fits well, and a good option while my size is slowly shrinking. I look forward to trying Not My Daughter's Jeans."

Absolutely agree!!!
Honored Contributor
kittymom I absolutely agree with you too. There is now a GV pull up jean that is also VERY nice, but I'm going to have to shorten the pair I bought- the "average" sizes are too long for me. So many of us have begged for the "How Smooth Boot Cut" and I still wear the 2 pair that still fit me in 14P.
Honored Contributor

I buy any kind that I like that fit well. I don't go too trendy or for ones that are overly decorated. I do like some of the ones that have a little tasteful bling on the back pockets. I think really faded out jeans and/or ones that are all shredded or holely look silly on older people. These are best left to the youngsters. As for very straight leg jeans, I see no problem with wearing them at an older age as long as the fit is good and you wear an appropriate top with them.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I still prefer the D & Co. pants. I get them in the tall and they fit well and hubby said they look nice on me. So, that's it.

Esteemed Contributor

GAP "Always Skinny" have a higher back rise and some room in the hips. For me, these are the best fitting jeans I own (and they're cheap!)

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

I wear all different brands, everything from DG2 to Levis and whatever else I can find from B&M stores, including Marshalls. I love a good boot cut jean, always a classic in my mind. I like and own skinny jeans also, but boot cut are my favorite.

Super Contributor

I wear Levi's 505 straight leg (they're getting hard to find), Chico's so-slimming straight leg (if I can find them without "bling" on them) and Talbot's signature cut slim/straight leg. I don't do the super skinny legging type fit, but I do like a slimmer cut leg.

Honored Contributor

I no longer wear true jeans - due to taking prednisone for my asthma I have a lot of weight around my middle and I find that Denim & co 2 pocket pants were my best choice until they changed their sizing - so now I haven't bought any jeans for a while. However, living in Florida I don't wear jeans much either. I have about a dozen pair of Denim and co pedal pushers from before they changed sizing that are working well for me for now. When D&Co decreased the hip size on all their bottoms I now needed to go up 2 sizes to get the fit I needed in the hip - and then the waist was huge. I haven't purchased any since then.

I suppose when the need arises to buy some new I will probably go to Lane Bryant and try therm on to find out which size I need.

Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I complement a mature-aged lady (whose figure is no longer sized for Rock & Republic) on the jeans she's wearing, the majority of times the jeans are Not Your Daughters. Chico's is another one which seems to look good. I know both can be considered expensive by some, but Chico's has a lot of sales. You may have to do a little hunting online to find NYDJ on sale. Nordstrom Rack stores always seem to have a few pairs in stock too.

Honored Contributor

I found a couple pairs of Bandolino jeans at Stein Mart. They are straight leg and the fit is very nice. They are cut slim through the waist and aren't too low or too high. The length is good too. They must have a 32" inseam.

Believe it or not, I like J Lo's jeans from Kohl's. Her boyfriend jeans fit me so well and the cut is nice. I don't like when the waist sticks out, and they don't.