Trusted Contributor
On 12/18/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 12/18/2014 2zbeach said: Not your daughter's jeans,Alina leggings. I can take them right off the rack. Love that they're made in the USA.
I love Alina leggings! Other styles I wear are the Sheri skinny, and a bootcut, (can't remember the name.) I have about 15 pairs if NYDJ. Some are capris or cropped for the summer, ankle length, boot cut, skinny. They are my favorite and fit me the best. I wear primarily denim all year round, so these are my wardrobe bottoms. I work in middle school and high school. I can sit anywhere, bend, climb stairs, etc all day long, and I look good and feel comfortable. Smiley Happy
I agree with 2zbeach and MK2. NYDJ are the best. I have the Alina leggings, Marilyn straight leg, Bobbie boyfriend, Barbara boot cut, and a few other skinnies and leggings. Their site offers free shipping and markdowns can be significant on sale items. HSN also sells them often with free shipping and flex pay. BTW, the way the jeans are structured, you order a size smaller than your normal size. Great color choices, too! (Edited to correct typos.)
Respected Contributor

Jeans over 40............regardless of your favorite brand do you wear a more skinny fit rather than a more trouser fit?

Valued Contributor
On 12/18/2014 granddi said:

Jeans over 40............regardless of your favorite brand do you wear a more skinny fit rather than a more trouser fit?

I was late to the party as far as skinny jeans are concerned, but I have worn nothing else since. My casual winter uniform is skinny jeans (or pants) tucked into boots. Love Love Love

Esteemed Contributor

At this point I'm wearing Amanda jeans from Costco. Fits well, and a good option while my size is slowly shrinking. I look forward to trying Not My Daughter's Jeans."

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor
I wear Talbot's Signature slim leg & boot cut and Chico's So Lifting slim leg. Love them!
Honored Contributor

I'm in my sixties and wear a size 12 in D&C modern fit boot cut jeans and they fit great. I don't like a lot of spandex in my jeans and these are just perfect.

Honored Contributor

I've got GV Amandas, Style & Co that are too big but I'll get some smaller ones, & Iman's lightweight ones.

I like both slim cut legs (not leggings or jeggings or anything else that looks spray-painted on) and trouser cuts.

Esteemed Contributor
My new favoritee brand is Yummie . I have tons of jeans now that I no longer work but needed another black pair because I didn't like the ones I ordered from DG or another brand I had. So I ordered hers and really liked them so much I went back to order a few more pairs in denim. It seems like I wear her brand all the time now.
Trusted Contributor

I have good luck with Calvin Klein, DKNY, and Lucky brand (and some NYDJ, but most of them I find to be too high-waisted). But it's all in the cut. Not every style made by my favorite brands will work for me.

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a pair of Denizen jeans at Target, and they fit very well, too. The price is amazing ($27.99!) and they come in different lengths, which really helps because I'm petite.

Trusted Contributor

You've been given some good suggestions for jeans to try.......but few things are as individual as finding jeans that fit! Every woman's shape and proportions are specific, and you'll have to get out there and try on jeans to find a style and brand that work best for you. There's no way around it; it's you and a pile of denim struggling to the death in a fitting room. Daunting, but true.