Valued Contributor

Re: Jeans and pants with wrinkly knees

I cannot stand this either, it just doesn't look good...the other thing that I don't care for is how they "pucker" out at the ankles....it looks awful! (especially on bigger ankles like I have or legs like JC's)

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

The QVC stylist have the jeans so tight on the models I dont see wrinkly knees....instead I see every lump and bump on the models ....Gee can we see some properly fitted jeans and pants please ....🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

The stretchy skinny jeans that form horizontal lines on the back of the thighs, between the backside and knees, are a pet peeve of mine. Maybe too much spandex is the culprit.

I'm not sure which jeans are being discussed here since I don't have QVC on, but I often see jeans that are too tight on the models.  If there are horizontal wrinklies in the legs, they are too tight.  And, while I don't like a lot of spandex in my jeans, @handygal2 too much spandex is not the culprit.  It is trying to fit too much leg in the available opening.

Respected Contributor

I saw the TSV jeans on Jennifer. I could tell they were way too tight on her and she looked really awkward. I know it's a vanity thing to try and squeeze into the smallest size, but when they're selling stretch and comfort, you need to wear the correct size or size up if it's cut small. HSN always tells you to do down a size in Diane Gilman jeans, I didn't because of my apple belly and large thighs. But having lost a little weight due to walking, I probably could go down a size now. As a larger plus size, I know that jeans that hug your legs aren't flattering or comfortable, and unless I know I can size down, especially if it's elastic waist, I will always buy my actual size, because the puckering looks bad and feels even worse when you bend your knees. 

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I saw the TSV jeans on Jennifer. I could tell they were way too tight on her and she looked really awkward. I know it's a vanity thing to try and squeeze into the smallest size, but when they're selling stretch and comfort, you need to wear the correct size or size up if it's cut small. HSN always tells you to do down a size in Diane Gilman jeans, I didn't because of my apple belly and large thighs. But having lost a little weight due to walking, I probably could go down a size now. As a larger plus size, I know that jeans that hug your legs aren't flattering or comfortable, and unless I know I can size down, especially if it's elastic waist, I will always buy my actual size, because the puckering looks bad and feels even worse when you bend your knees. 

Congrats, @Cumbercookie13 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Congrats, @Cumbercookie13 

I didn't even know it. I switched to a new doctor in September, she'd gotten my medical records from my old doctor and my OBGYN and she told me. I was surprised. I don't weigh myself. I have PCOS, and a metabolic disorder really wreaks havoc on your body. Exercise helps to alleviate some of the symptoms. Plus I just like to walk. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I don’t like that look either.

I have never worn a pair of pants that wrinkle and bunch up like the ones I see on the Q. It seems most of the pants they sell are super tight and fit like this. I have seen lots of people in my city also wearing pants and jeans so tight it looks like a seam will burst. I don’t see how that’s comfortable. 

I think stretchy fabrics and vanity sizing gets people to buy what they can get into - not what necessarily fits and looks best. We could rarely squeeze into too small pants back in the day of denim w/o stretch and fitted trousers w/o stretch. I like fitted pants, and I like a bit of stretch in modern fabrics for comfort, but I just don’t like the look of super tight pants.