Respected Contributor

I prefer it to skinny jeans. I am totally over skinny jeans and low riders.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Valued Contributor

Re: Jeans, What’s With

[ Edited ]

@Meowingkitty wrote:

... I don't want to look like a stuffed sausage.

Yes, wassup with the skin-tight look in all the jeans, slacks, and pants?

I'm okay with the leggings look, for casual wear, but that "skinny" look isn't flattering on most of us Boomers - Who, by the way, make up the majority of the QVC demographic.

Honored Contributor

I still have the below Lee jeans I wore the heck out of back in the 80's and 90's.  All they need is a new zipper.  I had a woman chase me down in a parking lot one day asking "where did I get them?"  At that time I had to tell her they were about 15 years old and I could not remember.  I have never even tried on a pair of skinny jeans.

These are going for a $100.00 on "seller" site.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I must have over a hundred pairs of jeans... size 2 to 10... right now I am in my size 4's...  may never be a  size 2 but that last ten pounds I am working on!

Honored Contributor

I'm sticking with my skinny jeans (that are not low riders at all). They flatter me more than any other style. I'm very thin, and any more fabric does not work for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
I’d like to see some real data on QVC’s targeted demographic. I’m a Gen-X’er in my mid 40’s and I outspend my mother at QVC by a lot and in every category except maybe electronics.

I get how one could assume older women are the core customers because it seems like this board is populated with them and the customers calling in on the air seem older. Younger people order in the app and are generally less likely to use an online forum not attached to an existing social media account. The QVC Facebook group I belong to seems like it’s loaded with women in their 40’s and 50’s.
Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

All the Mom Jeans, Dad Jeans, Boyfriend Jeans?

They just all come back around with different names.  I don't have what I want in the way of a decent jean and have been searching high and low.

Just wear what you want.  When you want.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I never gave up my straight leg jeans. I was wearing them back before skinnies were ever worn, wore them during the skinny jean trend, and will continue to wear them now that they're trending.

IMO a classic straight leg jean looks good on everyone regardless of shape, height, or size. This style also works well with a variety of tops, sweaters, jackets, etc. 

I do own one skinny jean, one bootcut, one slim fit, and one wide leg trouser jean, but I own and wear my straight leg jeans more often. 

Honored Contributor

@Winkk 

Some are "die hard devotes!"