Valued Contributor

@meem120: I agree with you about the GV Amanda jeans! Trying them on in the store has become necessary for me, though. Different colors (or so it seemed) fit differently. It turns out, the country of origin is what makes the difference. I could have two of the exact same color and size with two different fits. I realize this is not the sign of  high quality workmanship. They're a great purchase for me, though. I love the fit, even if I have to do a little research beforehand. 

Regular Contributor

@BarbZoee --- I have a different approach.   Yes, you still need to try on a gazillion pair to find the best overall fit for you --- but if the posterior still gaps a bit, just put darts in the back (wide part down mid-posterior, tapering to nothing at the waist, re-attach back of waistband) or take to your local seamstress or tailor to do for you.  It's only about a $10 remodel / repair and well worth it!  I end up doing this to almost every skirt or pants I buy.

Honored Contributor

@BarbZoee

I am not the same size as you but possibly the same shape.  I have NO butt, very flat, no real waist line.  *Think Tree Trunk*  LOL

I just ordered A283921  Pull on Jeans

Belle by Kim Gavel

They fit perfectly!  No gapping.  SO soft!  No bunchy knees after wearing, reasonable price.  I am in between 2 sizes and both the smaller and larger fit me fine.  Very forgiving.

Honored Contributor

Everyone's shape is different so what works for some may not for others. However for me lately I've been a fan of JJill's indigo slim cut pants.  I wear a petite medium and the fit is perfect!  There are no pockets and it's more like a knit pant but looks just like jeans.  It comes in both a straight leg & a slight boot cut.

Contributor

I bought a pair of Jones New York jeans at Carson's and I just love them. I've looked high and low for them again and can't find them anywhere. Even the Jones website didn't show that particular style or anything close. I will check out HSN and see what they have to offer. 

Contributor

Re: Jeans That Fit --- Help

[ Edited ]
Thanks for all the replies and help!  I'm still searching.  Does anyone 
else have any suggestions?
Valued Contributor

I saw his on another site. likeaglove.me supposedly they are leggings that you try on and it takes your measurements and then finds the best fit for you.  probably $$$$, but may be worth a try.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

@BarbZoee wrote:

So......I'm a size 16 to 18 and have a flat butt.  I'm having a hard time getting jeans that don't gap here and there.  What brand works?  Thanks for any help and suggestions!

@BarbZoee,Did you try amazon?  I find a lot of items there that I can no longer buy locally.

Valued Contributor

@Redboots wrote:

I bought a pair of Jones New York jeans at Carson's and I just love them. I've looked high and low for them again and can't find them anywhere. Even the Jones website didn't show that particular style or anything close. I will check out HSN and see what they have to offer. 

I just called the customer service line at Jones New York and the woman said that they are basically going to be online only. The JNY jean I liked was the Gramercy Curvy Fit. They don't make it right now, but could do something similar in the future. Very limited offering of jeans on their site.

Valued Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

@Marybella Jones of New York is now on line.  I signed up and receive emails from them - sweater updates, today it was outerwear, etc.  They seem to have a nice assortment of clothing - like they used to - not too extreme anything.

@aggravated

Their jean offering is extremely limited, but customer service said they might have more in the future. Thanks for letting me know about the web site!