Contributor

So......I'm a size 16 to 18 and have a flat butt.  I'm having a hard time getting jeans that don't gap here and there.  What brand works?  Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Honored Contributor

You have to find the inseam that is most flattering/works on you.  You have to try on a lot of rises until you find the one that's right for you.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Occasional Contributor

Diane Gilman on HSN are the best skinny and or flare jeans there are.  I am pretty sure you will love them.  

Honored Contributor

There is no brand that fits everyone because the fit is so exact.  Good luck!  We'll all be hunting together.

Valued Contributor

I was wearing Jones New York jeans, the curvy fit and really liked them. My local store stopped carrying them and now I see that HSN is selling JNY jeans. I don't think they have the slight bootcut jean that I prefer, but I may have to give them a try. I saw Diane Gilman jeans at Christopher and Banks today.

Honored Contributor

Diane Gilman jeans! They're great. Made for the boomer body...flat butt, no waist and slender thighs. At least that's what my experience has been with them. I have a flat butt and slender thighs but I still have a waist so I need to wear a belt with her jeans. They fit me very well. Size down one and they will stretch out to fit your body.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jeans That Fit --- Help

[ Edited ]

@BarbZoee wrote:

So......I'm a size 16 to 18 and have a flat butt.  I'm having a hard time getting jeans that don't gap here and there.  What brand works?  Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Wit and Wisdom at Nordstrom.  I don't have much of a butt and they are just the right stretch without getting baggy and no waist gap.

Honored Contributor

I've had luck with the Jennifer Lopez jeans at Kohls. Especially the flares. I don't have a flat butt, I am pear shaped with a smaller waist and they work for me. 

There could be an issue with the length, I am 5'10" and the inseam on her regular length jeans is 33. So it's perfect for me but not for average height women. They do come in petites. She does bootcut, straight leg, and skinnies too. I think. 

They're not too low waisted and I like the back pockets too. They wash well and last.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor
Trying on is the only way to know for sure. I would not order online unless you have previously tried the brand and style on in a brick and mortar store. All that S&H back and forth adds up. Good luck.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I second Diane Gilman and I will also say that the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans from Costco always fit me.