Trusted Contributor

Re: Jeans - Are boot cut getting more popular?

I think they look great unless you carry extra weight in the hip area. straight leg jeans seem to be universally flattering and I prefer these over those that come in at the knees and then flare out. Straight legs with a slight flare are ok too.
Honored Contributor

I hope not I made mistake of getting a pair and gave to Salv. Army

Honored Contributor

Not with me

Honored Contributor

once it's cold and boot weather I only wear boot cut jeans

save my ankle or skinny jeans for when I don't need a sock,

I have a thing about a sock worn with a loafer and an ankle jean 

FRYE Billy Shootie, Main, color, COGNAC LEATHERthese my go to shoes for boot cut jeans have 3  colors, wear like iron 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think we wear what we like and, most likely, flatters our figures.  But if you are interested in the trend.... @songbird  would know .  She knows everything about jean trends.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear   Yes....I love ankle boots too (and motos, mid, high) and Birkis with jeans.  The trend now is towards tuff looking boots (Sundance has some fun examples)....for those that are trendy.  Heels are de rigueur for many.

Honored Contributor

I love the bootcut with a moderate rise.  I've don't have any of the super skinny leg jeans.  A straight leg is fine, but not the super tapered ones. 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear  "I have a thing about a sock worn with a loafer and an ankle jean"

You should be wearing "hightops" w/socks in the colder months.  Loafers? Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@jackthebear  "I have a thing about a sock worn with a loafer and an ankle jean"

You should be wearing "hightops" w/socks in the colder months.  Loafers? Smiley Surprised

I have my sneaker boots for skinnys for winter  no boots like that, too fussy 

I see the loafer type shoe with a sock thing often , 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 

To answer your original question, yes, bootcut, and wider leg pants in general have been trending the last few years. Designers have been pushing them more. Also they are showing lots of ankle jeans in colder months with boots. 

However, IMO, it seems many women still prefer a skinny jean or a legging because there are tons of those in the marketplace compared to other styles. 

Personally, I prefer a straight leg jean most of the time. I wear a slight bootcut in the winter with my ankle boots. I will wear a slim jean or pant but not a skinny or legging. I don’t like pants that hug & outline every inch of my body from bum to ankle.