Honored Contributor

Jeans - Are boot cut getting more popular?

Just wondering, are boot cut getting more popular again?  As I watch t.v. shows, I notice that quite often the ladies seem to be wearing boot cut style jeans and slacks instead of the very close fitting, jegging or slim fitting leg.  

I have kept my boot cut jeans but haven't worn them in a good while but I think they are very flattering and comfortable.

I just wondered if the other style of jeans is less popular now or are both about the same?

What do you prefer?

I only would wear the very closing fitting, slim leg if I had on a longer or tunic top but that's just me as I am liking to cover my hip area!  

Thanks for your replies!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Re: Jeans - Are boot cut getting more popular?

I think boot cut jeans are more popular in winter. The slim cut and ankle jeans seem to be more for summer. I wear both but more boot cut in the winter, so I'm really no help! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love boot cut and think they are more flattering than skinny jeans.    Not sure if they are becoming more popular, but I think the slight boot cut is always in style.  I have a few pairs that I just took out while switching to my fall/winter clothes.

Super Contributor

Hi Angel Puppy. I don't know if they are or not, honestly.. I initially didn't care for boot cut jeans, until Lisa Robertson had them on PMS.. I bought some then and I did like them.. But now I only seem to wear leggings, jeggings.. And it isn't because the jeans themselves, but more so I only wear tunic tops.. I am very self conscious of my stomach so the tunic works for me and they just look better with jeggings.. Plus I found that other types of pants are too wide on me.. I don't like all the fabric. My outfit of choice is leggings and tunics..

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone likes different styles of jeans.  I don't like boot cut because it's out of proportion for my short, skinny body.   I do like boot cut on others.   I think boot cut are always more popular in winter when ladies are wearing heavier types of shoes and boots.. I'm definitely a stovepipe or skinny jeans type, so that's what I wear.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Straight leg only.
Super Contributor

I wear both and I think both are very popular.  I wear more of the skinny jeans and leggings with tunics because I have more and I wear them more casually.  I do have boot cut in Laurie Felt and also in Giuliana and wear them with heels and more fitting tops and then seem to dress up some for me.  Depends on the fabric too..  

Honored Contributor

I think it's more about what you personally like than what is popular or "trending". I have always preferred slight boot cut, over all other styles. They just work for me.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

They say boot cut is more flattering, but I don't like them.

I only wear straight leg jeans.                                                                                                                             

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been reading that boot cut are making a comeback.  Im happy to hear it!  I have not ever worn leggings or jeggings or skinny jeans and never will.  I just have no interest in them. I  love boot cut or straight leg jeans and pants. Woman Happy  What I am hoping is more stores will have more boot cut! Many have sooo few.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller