Honored Contributor

I feel the look of jean jackets are just so out of style. I see tons in the stores but thats just it, no one is buying. I have an adorable jean vest that is much more stylish!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I'm not big on layering. I like a pretty top or sweater with slacks; that's my uniform.

I gradually donated my jean jackets because I wasn't wearing them. I kept a white one to carry in summer, to restaurants and movie theaters, etc.

But I think jean jackets are cute and flattering on those who wear them.

Honored Contributor

I love jean jackets; probably have at least a dozen.

Super Contributor

Respected Contributor

I think you should try the Linea jean jacket also. It's definitely not boxy. It is shorter and looks great over maxi dresses. I think it has a really good shape. I have four of them, and the white is my go to jacket.

Trusted Contributor

I have a fairly old one from the GAP that I love.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I love jean jackets, but it greatly depends on the individual jacket. I do not like the boxy shape ones, or the ones with bling buttons or prints. I don't like it falling right at the waist, but I also don't like it too long. I definitely don't like the new trend to have the back longer than the front. I don't like the all-knit ones, since I do love denim to be denim. For my taste, Liz Claiborne and Isaac Mizrahi have wonderful jean jackets with great seaming for a flattering fit, plus just a little stretch so they are super comfortable. I work in an office and get compliments when I wear my black one (or the dark denim blue one) with a straight skirt, Kathleen Kirkwood tank underneath, and Louis Linea's beaded necklace.

Honored Contributor

I love my Linea jean jackets....own in white, yellow, turq, and my fav is precious pink! They are so light weight and the fit doesn't add bulk and so versatile.

Respected Contributor

Every darn time I tune in to a D&C show all I see are jean jackets and capris. I don't wear either so (YES) I change the channel. I use to love this line but now just the same ole over and over. What happened?

Honored Contributor
On 3/25/2015 ID2 said:

I feel the look of jean jackets are just so out of style. I see tons in the stores but thats just it, no one is buying. I have an adorable jean vest that is much more stylish!

What would ever give you the impression that jean jackets are "out of style" ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

The jackets are no more "out of style" than jeans! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}