Frequent Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown's Studio Park collection

Love her as a host but this collection is a no for me.  Since she seems to have artistic qualities I expected more - not the same old styles being repeated over and over again.

Honored Contributor

I watched about an hour ... and then switched to thescience channel.

Just awful.

Honored Contributor

The things we saw today appear to have been designed for very tall people.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I feel like she "designed" them for herself.  That topper with that huge print is a BIG no for me.  I would say what I think it reminds me of but I won't.  Everything else looks like all the other tunics offered by Q.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Either Jayne or the QVC in-house designers forgot about the Truth & Style mock neck sweater, or they just didn't care about copying it so closely:

A461103

Truth + Style Knit Cross Over Funnel Neck Sweater

product thumbnail

Right now it's 

CLEARANCE PRICE:$45.79
41% Off the QVC Price

S&H: $3.50

Jayne Brown's Studio Park version:

A517299

Studio Park x Jayne Brown Mockneck Crossover Tunic Sweater

product thumbnail

$49.98

+Free Standard S&H

OR, Jayne's Studio Park

A516259

Studio Park x Jayne Brown French Terry Cowl Neck Tunic

$56.65

+Free Standard S&H

or 3 Easy Pays of $18.88

*  The Ponte bootcut pants look just like Women With Control's.

*  How about another pair of jeans?

*  While Jayne looked lovely in her woven topper, I don't know who else would.  At least I'll say, I would not look good in it.

Overall, while I love Jayne Brown, her Studio Park Collection is -- so far --  the least appealing to me out of all of the host collections thus far.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper    I liked A517299, the pink sweater you show above and ordered it, most because I loved the color.  Yes, I'm surprised her designs weren't more innovative.  That duster would have looked riduculous on me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Well, I'm giving a couple of her tops a try.  I love the turquoise color in the sweater and the shell.  Frustrated with the sizing on some garments, though.  I'm usually a Large and Q  garments typically have a bust measurement of about 43.  One top was a 42.5 and another was 46 -- both Large.  🤷‍♀️

The colorful topper she wore is very cool but would not work on short me! 😁

Honored Contributor

The Medallion Print 3/4 Sleeve Woven Topper reminded me of an overcoat. And it's a shame they couldn't match the pattern on the side, where the seams meet.  Maybe that would have been too fussy / too expensive to do.

A516260.PNG

Contributor

Weren't the hosts working with the designers on pieces that they would wear or that were similar to things they had in their closet?  While the pieces I saw were not really unique they did look like things Jayne would wear.I definitely could see her wearing the topper. It had a a tribal feel to it and did reflect her artistic side. I would agree that it is not for everyone but I would wear it -  I am 5' 10" with a long torso and wear a lot of dusters and kimonos. I just thought it was a bit pricey. I plan on ordering the blue crossover sweater.  While it does resemble the Truth & Style sweater, that one is 100% acrylic and Jayne's version is cotton and nylon which I think is much nicer.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think the print topper has the possibility to look good on me, but it's not wow enough for me to order.  The mock crossover tunics look wearable, but as @Caaareful Shopper visually shows us, even QVC is already selling something exactly like it under another brand name.   I've seen this crossover style at a few other retailers, including the last couple of years on ShopHQ under their Kate and Mallory brand.