Trusted Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown hosting Denim & Co.....

I think Jayne does an excellent job hosting and I was so delighted to see her at Midnight introducing the special.  They should have her do that more often.  She is a real professional and class act who knows her stuff.  I too think she has a lovely voice.

Honored Contributor

Jayne is a sweetheart.  She loves to laugh with Pat and I think they are very close friends.  She is a lady that does not need the limelight.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Jayne does a good job.  She also has a good voice.  The PTB that do the hiring need to consider the voice as a qualification for an on stage job at the Q.

Wow, is that ever true, @maximillian! I am always adjusting the volume, and it's lower. And the pitch, if you have sensitive hearing, can actually hurt your ears. So when you get a lovely voice like Jayne, I really appreciate it.

Esteemed Contributor

Jayne does a good job with fashion.

Honored Contributor

Jayne has always been very professional and "even".  Her hours fly by!

Honored Contributor

Jayne B is an excellent host WHEN she is alone.   She dominates the other host when working with others. 

I do think she is good at being explanatory.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I don't know what Jayne did prior to coming to QVC but she used to be a clothing buyer at QVC before becoming a host.

As far as the comment about the white pants, she's probably not fibbing about that or overselling.  QVC doesn't seem to get a lot of true summer clothing in nor do they reorder.  I know that is a common complaint on this board. When many are ready to actually start wearing their summer clothes, there aren't many being shown on QVC.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Jayne Brown is one of my favorites. She is professional, knows her products, and has a very girl next door kind of personality and her voice is great. I alos really like Pt, another one of my favs. Both of them have very soft soothing voices that are very easy to listen to.......

Esteemed Contributor

You have hosts like Jayne who are so good and professional and it makes you wonder what happened? What happened with others who are so silly, unprofessional, and don't know how to do their jobs.

It almost appears personnel management changed their idea of what was a good host and what they're looking for. Not to the good, IMO.