Respected Contributor

I'm sorry he is gone. I had a few dresses and sweaters from his line. I was hopeful he would  last but, I was wrong. However his collection can be found in other places.

Valued Contributor

After watching a very bizarre remote Jason Wu show where Jason was either sleep drprived or under the influence of something, I am not surprised that his products are not continuing on QVC. Then again, if they were a huge money maker, he probably would have been asked to clean up his act and continued on. Then again, it could have been his decision to leave. I was never tempted to buy anything, nor was I entertained by his presentations. I know he does great designs in the "real world". Hope that continues.

Respected Contributor

I bought from his first Q showing the classic BLACK HOODIE, totally Jason Wu, his look. Bought 2, wanted a backup, since he said he would never repeat a design.

Beautifully made, the entire back is silky material (yet thick).

Works with jeans or pencils skirts.

I suspect designers use their best fabrics and designs in first showings . . .

Respected Contributor

For years while J Ripka was on QVC her couture shops were thriving in NYC

Palm Beach and Aspen. I was in her store on Madison Ave. a few times when I 

was visiting friends. Her store and jewelry were breathtaking. I showed a sales person 

a stunning JR bracelet I bought on QVC that was amethyst and peridot set in sterling-

The most I paid for any thing on QVC! The salesperson loved it and showed it to

another sales person. QVC didn't hurt JR at all.

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

For years while J Ripka was on QVC her couture shops were thriving in NYC

Palm Beach and Aspen. I was in her store on Madison Ave. a few times when I 

was visiting friends. Her store and jewelry were breathtaking. I showed a sales person 

a stunning JR bracelet I bought on QVC that was amethyst and peridot set in sterling-

The most I paid for any thing on QVC! The salesperson loved it and showed it to

another sales person. QVC didn't hurt JR at all.

@ellaphant Being familiar with the JR jewelry line I can imagine how pretty your bracelet must be.

From what I can tell Dennis Basso's couture lines haven't been hurt by his longtime affiliation with QVC.

I liked Jason Wu but have to agree there were times he seemed "out of it".

Trusted Contributor
Jasons presentations, let's say they didn't pull the viewer in. It seem like he just droned on and on about nothing in particular. I'm sure he's a nice person, but his presentations were very boring. He liked to talk about himself and his design experience, etc., but not a lot about the actual item being presented.
Trusted Contributor

Jason Wu is a couture designer, so I doubt his departure was QVC's decision and more Jason's decision.  I loved his clothing and quality.  QVC seems to be geared to the Walmart crowd such as Denim & Co.

Respected Contributor

I think he was a very good fit on QVC when Katrina Szish was host and showcased his clothes. She was also good at adding accessories, even from other lines.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think he was a very good fit on QVC when Katrina Szish was host and showcased his clothes. She was also good at adding accessories, even from other lines.

Katrina Szish could make any line seem like a good fit.  her presentations, particularly when she hosted Inspired Style, were like watching a fashion magazine come to life.

Speaking of presenting a show as if it is a fashion magazine does anyone else remember the original AM Style (it was more than 20 yrs ago because it was before Jane RT's daughters were born)?  The show was supposed to be a visual fashion magazine. How far it has fallen from that theme.   

Honored Contributor

The only thing I bought from his line were two sarves ... very nice scarves that were on clearance in September 2022.  

A search shows 193 items in inventory.