Super Contributor

Jason Wo is no Louis Del Olio!

Just saw his new blouse on air.  Kinda ok, but not anywhere near a Linea piece.  Still missing Louis Del Olio.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jason Wo is no Louis Del Olio!

@teachergal Apples to oranges. Two different designers, two different styles. No big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

Louis is one of a kind. He brought a level of class to QVC that could never be duplicated.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

His name is Jason Wu. He went to Parsons School and trained under the designer Narciso Rodriguez. Many prominent women have worn his designs. Don't think he needs to be Louis.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I bought a few of Del Olio pieces from QVC and was never that impressed. As a matter of fact I returned some and don't think I wore what I kept more than once. I never could understand the huge following he seemed to have. Nothing against the man or his designs, just my opinion. Can't compare the two designers as they have a different view on design. If everyone was the same it would be terribly boring.

Respected Contributor

I thought Del Olio was boring. It wasn’t for me and there are plenty of options that are so I kept it to myself.
Honored Contributor

Of course, appeal for one designer over the other is a matter of preference; although I haven't seen much difference between his designs and some of the others currently on QVC.  Including his most recent Spring designs recently posted.  

Making a comparison to Louis Dell'Olio seems reasonable to me because I think Wu replaced him; QVC hoping his name will attract younger buyers.    

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

His name is Jason Wu. He went to Parsons School and trained under the designer Narciso Rodriguez. Many prominent women have worn his designs. Don't think he needs to be Louis.

@Greeneyedlady21   

I suspect the misspelling was intentional.

A micro-aggression of disrespect.

Honored Contributor

@teachergal    Each designer has there OWN style.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jason Wu is no Louis Del Olio!

[ Edited ]

@teachergal the correct name is Jason Wu.  You are right, he is no Louis Dell'Olio.  Mr. Wu has a number of lines outside of QVC, to meet the needs of different customers.  Louis Dell'Olio has worked exclusively for QVC since 2000.

Mr. Wu's fashions range from evening gowns to sweats, while Louis Dell'Olio's fashions were tailored, even at their most casual.

I would not judge the body of work of any fashion designer based on one blouse.

Different designers, different feelings.

QVC should have had room for both.