Honored Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy; shoe shopping program

Have you ever stood outside of a room in any department store where people are trying on clothes? It is sickening. People walk in and out of there looking like they haven't taken a shower or washed their hair in weeks!

As for shoes. Ugh! That's what I dislike about Summer. Some people walk around in little rubber (the ones that the $1 store sells) flip flops. They've had them for several years, the rubber is worn down, terrible looking.

So, (this is just my opinion) you won't see me complain about Jane putting her clean feet in a pair of shoes for all of 3 or 4 minutes and then QVC selling them.

Super Contributor

For all of the women who are concerned about bare feet in the shoes that they try on, how do you feel about trying on swimming suits?? Maybe you don't try on suits. I tend to order my suits online...not from QVC. But if you do try on suits...do you wonder who has tried them on before you?

Super Contributor

I laugh about how everyone is ""flipping through channels and happened to see on QVC..."" Why doesn't anyone want to admit they were actually watching QVC...on purpose! Is that something we are supposed to be embarrassed to admit we do? '...putting my hand up...' I watch QVC because I like it.
Frequent Contributor

I don't know how I will get through the next two days -- no shoe shows scheduled.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Of course, then I don't have to look at the bare feet. I guess I'm just too old-fashioned, but I don't like to see women wear high heel shoes without hosiery. I think your legs look better with hose on and not just makeup to cover up any flaws.

Occasional Contributor

What is wrong with you? Seek help, right away!

Valued Contributor

The "aerosol" thing always cracks me up. Like a can of hairspray from the '70"s??{#emotions_dlg.lol}

I actually bought a pair of shoes that Jane Brown was showing yesterday morning...yes they are "sensible" but I have a job that requires "sensible"...but they were also nice looking (to me). They were the Clark's fisher.man sandals with a little heel...they looked feminine yet practical and comfortable. She was changing shoes frequently and did have bare feet...but that's how I would wear the shoes at home and that's how I would want to see them on air

Back to the subject...I am not overly concerned about this issue. If I choose to buy a pair of "as is" shoes, I am on notice. The same as buying a pair of pierced earrings...who had them in their ears?? I would sanitize them before wearing if I chose to buy.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/6/2014 JuicyFruit said:
On 2/6/2014 ekp said:

<em>Was 'flipping' thru the channels and came upon QVC's Jane Treacy with her 'shoe shopping program.....and was totally surprised....</em>

<em>She was putting on all the different shoes, as she talked about each one....</em>

<em>she was putting on all the different styles of shoes with Bare Feet !!!</em>

<em>Do they stick these back in the boxes and then sell them to Qvc customers ???</em>

<em>Was totally grossed out !!!! Wouldn't really want to wear them after she was displaying them in her bare feet !! Yuck !!</em>

YES, in fact I saw them slap a sticker with your name on them and they are on there way to you Smiley Wink

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Contributor

No message

Super Contributor

On 2/9/2014 Good day said:

Just my opinion, but I don't think it is necessary for Jane to sit there and put every shoe on because they have the models and that is where they are there to do. I, too, don't want to see her sitting there with the camera above showing her trying on the shoes.

Again, just my opinion, but have you looked around during the summer at some of the people who wear sandals who really should not? There are lots of people who wear them that have unattractive feet and with dry, crusty looking heels that look dirty. I know they wear them for comfort but really.

"I know they wear them for comfort but really" ....And that affects you how? What someone else wears for comfort?? Might be easier on you, if you just don't look at people's feet.

Contributor

People are just leaving their opinion. Not sure why you had to leave an opinion on my opinion. Have a nice day!