Honored Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy's Studio Park Collection

@Caaareful Shopper 

I actually just recently got it!  It was in my WL for eons waiting for it to go on clearance!

It was in the high $60 as well...and def NOT worth that...

No wonder I liked Jane's!  LOL

Just a little surprised in the close copy of a SG item that Jane's supposedly designed.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife   I'm not surprised some of the Studio Park items, in all collections, closely copy other designs already on QVC.  

I remember Jayne Brown had a turtleneck pullover mock wrap sweater.  There were already at least two other brands that had extremely similar sweaters.  Plus, how many times can they recreate jeans and t-shirts in these collections?  Smiley Happy  

When it comes down to it, QVC dictates what the designers design, based on what sold in the past.  

After looking at the video for Jane's sheer cardigan, I'm not purchasing it.  Definitely changed my mind.  Those stripes in a cardigan that long would not look good on me.

Like you, I thought: I have something close, perhaps I'll like Jane's too.  I have one of Colleen Lopez's mesh diagonal stripe faux leather jackets.  I love it!  I thought I might like a cardigan in a knit design --  no.

Respected Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Much fanfare, applause and hugging over the "sell-out" of Jane's dress.

Orchestrated theatricality to simulate success.

A range of sizes and colors available this morning. 

I watched the video of the presentation when I looked up the dress online. The whole thing was bizarre. She was moved to tears that it had sold out and all the models erupted in applause. Online there were a ton of sizes left. That dress was so meh too. QVC is kind of becoming a joke and parody of itself.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Darthmom wrote:
Jane weighs a lot more than 107!

Did Jane say she weighs 107?  That seems unlikely to me.

Regular Contributor

Too much huggy kissy from her and Courtney, makes me uncomfortable and the dress? No thank you
Trusted Contributor

@cjm61 @I loved Amy's elbow heart sweater and have it in 2 colors. I also liked her tshirts but I was a minority there. Haven't liked any of the others.

Trusted Contributor

@Thats Me I'll have to take another look at the items you purchased. I have been eyeing the T's. I purchased both the short sleeve sweatshirt in red and the hoodie in cream. 

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Darthmom wrote:
Jane weighs a lot more than 107!

Did Jane say she weighs 107?  That seems unlikely to me.

I'm Jane's height and weigh 107. She does not. I heard her refer to her former figure as

' 40 lbs ago.'

Trusted Contributor

@cjm61 @the tshirts went on major clearance and sold out. I liked them but I don't think many others did. They're 100% cotton in a slub knit, somewhat heavier than Kim Gravel's. They're a cap sleeve, rounded V neck, with a rounded high-low hem. The item# is A47978. Great that Q puts the itm# on the inside care label.

here's the link to the sweater:

https://www.qvc.com/Studio-Park-x-Amy-Stran-Girlfriend-Sweater-With-Heart-Elbows.product.A479791.htm...

Trusted Contributor

@Thats Me I agree, love that the item number is on the garment. That also helps Ebay sellers. I will check out Ebay for the T's. Thanks for the info.