Esteemed Contributor

@Toots711   I'm sure I won't be interested in anything in her SP line.   

Honored Contributor

Yes, she looked great in the dress.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I agree that the dress looks good on her body type, but it gives me a uniform vibe.  Reminds me of a pancake house waitress-type outfit.  

Respected Contributor

I always thought Jane wore dresses well.  

Respected Contributor

@Toots711 wrote:

@sunsetbeach  @ROMARY 

She has mentioned that there will be dresses coming in her Studio Park line in April. 

I will be interested to see her line.  So far I have not been wowed by anyone's line.  I like some items but not overly impressed.  Most everything has been done already.  

Respected Contributor

@sunsetbeach wrote:

Jane should buy every one of the TSV's, she looks terrific in it with the coordinating sweaters.

Back in the day, this would be considered a house dress.Issac thought it would be great for weddings, not any wedding I've been to. That dress while looking comfortable, was nothing I'd  buy. Just a plain Jane dress to wear on a summer day to the market. My Mom had dresses like that and so did the neighbors, back in the 40's. 

Honored Contributor

I'd say it should be appropriate for a beach wedding.  That people expect their guests to dress up to wade through sand and stuff on a beach is beyond absurd to me.  But I don't have the fancy wedding life anyway.

I am a firm believer that people should dress well, be well groomed, and that women should be able to wear clothing that doesn't always  "flatter your figure."  

Women should be able to wear nice clothes even if they have thick waists, hits, etc. and are not model thing without being roasted by others.  True "empowerment" for women won't come without it.  I'm guessing it won't come.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy in the TSV

[ Edited ]

@Sooner I agree women (or men) should be well groomed and wear what you want no matter shape or size, BUT it is very apparent on TV when the hosts for example are constantly tugging at tops because they do not fit, too short, too tight, etc. Wear your correct size (just cut the tag out like I do.) People in our everyday lives do this too and you know when someone is uncomfortable in their clothes. Proper fit speaks volumes. I have been streaming What Not to Wear, and even though the show has been off the air a long time, many of the styles are so classic you can wear them today but they also stressed FIT. From the thin to the curvy, everyone looked better not just because of the clothes, but they were the right size, length, and proportion. 

I bought this TSV. Usually IM dresses are too short for me, but this one seemed like the Goldilocks length. I used to have a seersucker fitted suit dress years ago, but that has long since been donated. This to me, looks like a fresh and more comfortable version.

Honored Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

@Toots711 wrote:

@sunsetbeach  @ROMARY 

She has mentioned that there will be dresses coming in her Studio Park line in April. 

I will be interested to see her line.  So far I have not been wowed by anyone's line.  I like some items but not overly impressed.  Most everything has been done already.  

@Roscoe the Rascal I don't think most people buy QVC clothes to be wowed or fashion forwad, but just to look nice and be comfortable.  I think it is middle-American every-day people who will buy from QVC.  

QVC also doesn't have to ditch a lot of "fashion" if they stick to basic clothes for "real" life.

Honored Contributor

I thought the dress did look nice on Jane. I thought it looked horrible on Leah, she looked like a barrel.