Respected Contributor

Jag and D&C Jean....Finally Hit on a Jean

Both Jag (a new brand to me) and D&C jeans arrived yesterday. Both fit pretty well, the Jag fit a little better. What a nice jean they make, a little pricey though. So both are straight leg pull on in size 6 petite. Both have front and back pockets. I think the length is 27". The thigh area is a little larger than I care for but I think a wash and dry will to the trick, if not, it doesn't really matter. So happy I finally found some jeans. Normally a 4-6 in a jean if that helps. I need the 6 in the waist.

D&C #209472 and Jag jeans are from NorthStyle. Bought their jean jacket that looks like it has a grey hooded sweatshirt under it. They sleeves are greysweatshirt material. Love it and very well made. They have some nice quality things, check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jag and D&C Jean....Finally Hit on a Jean

[ Edited ]

Jeans are the pits to shop for. I finally got a pair that fits and is comfy from Lee. I'm too old for the skinny/jegging/legging business. Wanted a straight leg relaxed fit in petite. Even at my age I pretty much live in jeans and these are comfy enough I want to order another pair  but you know how that goes....no two in the same size/same brand ever seem to be made the same thus don't fit the same so have been hesitating. HAPPY FOR YOU that you got not one BUT TWO that you're good to go with!

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirlI'm with you.  There's more denim in my closet now than there ever was when I was working even though I've been trying to buy bottoms in other fabrics for a while now.  

Your feeling that no 2 pairs of pants even in the same size/brand will be the same I learned from a sales associate at Nordstrom.  First she offered me the same style in several sizes to see which fit best.  Once we decided that -  she brought me every pair she had in that same size, style,and  color.  Each pair fit slightly different -   I'd shopped for years and years without knowing that although once she explained the cutting process in manufacturing to me, it made perfect sense.   I should have known!

Esteemed Contributor

@ millieshops  I've also got a closet full of 100% cotton denim jeans, but have recently felt the need to "dress it up" a bit. I'm almost 70, still volunteering and politically active. Jeans don't always seem appropriate. After searching for slacks, I finally found some really nice one called Fifth Avenue on-line at Dillards for a reasonable price. Well made and very attractive. Best of all: easy to launder!

I purchased navy, black and grey to wear with sweaters or jackets for a business casual appearance. I'm 5'7 1/2" tall and about 150 lbs. Bought the 12 MT and they fit like a dream. If you desire lined slacks, I've ordered wool slacks from Pendleton. However, they are pricey . . . but oh, so warm! Can't seem to justify the cost going from my garaged car to a store or place to volunteer and back to my car in a couple of hours. No longer does my car sit out for an entire day.

My jeans and cotton/silk blend or wool sweaters will continue to be my daily outfit, but it's nice to have something a little more refined. I enjoyed dressing for the office, but not the expensive suits and silk blouses or dresses, leather shoes with matching bags, etc.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@shaggygirlI'm with you.  There's more denim in my closet now than there ever was when I was working even though I've been trying to buy bottoms in other fabrics for a while now.  

Your feeling that no 2 pairs of pants even in the same size/brand will be the same I learned from a sales associate at Nordstrom.  First she offered me the same style in several sizes to see which fit best.  Once we decided that -  she brought me every pair she had in that same size, style,and  color.  Each pair fit slightly different -   I'd shopped for years and years without knowing that although once she explained the cutting process in manufacturing to me, it made perfect sense.   I should have known!

Oh boy I hear ya! That happened to me several years back at Macy's where I found the PERFECT pair of Style & Co. jeans but it took only God knows how many pairs back & forth to the dressing room, dressing/undressing/trying again till I got a second pair that fit the same as the first. Still have those but they are faded and frayed and anyhow don't fit worth a darn (stopped smoking a little over ago & now eat too much and packed on some pounds) or I'd still be wearing them anyway. They no longer make that particular style of course.