Esteemed Contributor

Jaden Smith is modeling for Louis Vuitton

Jaden Smith, 17, revealed as the new face of Louis Vuitton WOMENSWEAR as he dons a skirt to pose with three female models in the luxury brand's spring campaign.

The teenage son of Hollywood stars Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith has become known for his eccentric, 'genderless' fashion choices
He was revealed as the star of the new campaign by Louis Vuitton's creative director Nicholas Ghesquiere on Instagram.

Jaden has been seen wearing similar skirt styles on numerous occasions, revealing on Twitter that he bought a selection at Topshop last year.

image.jpg

Jaden is on the far right.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: Jaden Smith is modeling for Louis Vuitton

No MALE should be wearing a skirt unless they are Scottish & the skirt is a kilt.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but that's just weird.  Dude, come on -- put on some pants.

Honored Contributor

Hey I bet he got paid big bucks for doing it. I think it's going to be the new thing!

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling Jaden is just looking for exposure, any kind of exposure. I can only imagine how hard it is to single yourself out when you have such famous parents.

Honored Contributor

Both Jaden and Willow seem a little eccentric, but then so is their mom.......

Trusted Contributor

what I don't understand (well, just one of many things) is LV is super high priced, who are they marketing this stuff to? Celebrities' kids? The average teenager who might know who Jaden Smith is couldn't afford this stuff.  And for those who can afford it, would they really see a teen boy in a dress as the inspiration they need to buy this line? 

Or is this whole promotion just another hidden agenda? 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

That's just too weird. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

@60sgirl, I agree regarding who are they marketing this to?  And, of course, not only could the average teenager not afford LV, but I hardly think any teenage boy would have the nerve to go to school dressed this way.  Maybe the rich kids of celebrities can get away with it, but real life inner city kids couldn't.  

I believe I saw Kanye West in a skirt once during a performance.  I thought he looked ridiculous.  

I think the other thing that's odd about this is that if LV wants Jaden in a skirt, then it should be marketed as menswear, not womenswear.  What message are they sending?  The whole campaign is confusing to me.

Respected Contributor

I think it is weird that people think this is weird.  It's just a fashion statement, no harm in that.  And, apparently, it got him a job!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York