Honored Contributor

Re: Jaden Smith is modeling for Louis Vuitton

I don't care that he wears skirts.  I don't get the significance of him wearing it in the advertisement.  I don't know what message Louis Vuitton is trying to convey.  It doesn't make me want to run out and buy one.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@60sgirl, I agree regarding who are they marketing this to?  And, of course, not only could the average teenager not afford LV, but I hardly think any teenage boy would have the nerve to go to school dressed this way.  Maybe the rich kids of celebrities can get away with it, but real life inner city kids couldn't.  

I believe I saw Kanye West in a skirt once during a performance.  I thought he looked ridiculous.  

I think the other thing that's odd about this is that if LV wants Jaden in a skirt, then it should be marketed as menswear, not womenswear.  What message are they sending?  The whole campaign is confusing to me.

Yes....  you said what I was thinking while I was typing up my post.  Color me confused.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand he has been doing this for some time, wearing girls' clothing. I think he wore a dress to prom last year. I initially saw it as an attention-getting ploy. Now, I'm not so sure. He must like wearing girls' clothes, maybe he's bringing cross-dressing to the public front to give that little wedge of society a voice. I can see where LV would think it was a great marketing tool, just imagine about the attention it will bring to the label. As for who's buying? I don't think it matters.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I love it!

He's shaking it up...making it different.

Those kids definitely "walk to a different beat", but seem to have a strong family foundation.  

Valued Contributor

Jaden Smith can wear skirts, dresses, pants or walk around stark naked for all I care. What incenses me is for a designer to have HIM as the face of a womenswear clothing line. Surely there are qualified females who can model women's clothes. I would say that I will stop buying LV, but since I am not in the position to purchase anything from this line, I will just have to protest verbally and not with my credit card.

Respected Contributor

They got people to talk about LV fashions. That's it. He looks better in a dress than Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. Whatever. I'm in WalMart Yoga pants. And, that's not a good look, either! LOL

Honored Contributor

....just what every parent dreams of having.....a butt ugly son who likes wearing skirts. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Hey I bet he got paid big bucks for doing it. I think it's going to be the new thing!

I was thinking Will and Jada paid bucks to LV for that foolishness. 

Honored Contributor

It makes no sense to me that HE's the face of a WOMENSWEAR line.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree & @Lipstickdiva, LOL LOL

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee