Occasional Contributor

Re: Jacque Gonzalez and Dennis Basso

On 2/11/2015 Sunshine Kate said:

I like any host that dresses professionally. The super casual look I just don't like. If it takes wearing hose, high heels, great hair, makeup and perfectly polished nails...then so be it.

The hosts have professional jobs, so dress like it.

On a side note, I think nurses should go back to wearing stark white cotton outfits and hats like they wore years ago.

Amen! Thank you! To all those who disagree, is it really that wrong to expect a hostess who is in a professional position representing a product to a nation wide audience be dressed properly and professionally? I work in an office and don't even have to face the public but i always dress professionally, wear hose and heels and keep my nails polished. That's NOT too much to expect from these hostesses . They often have to show their nails up close when presenting products, whats wrong with having nice polished nails instead of uneven raggedy unpolished nails. If they are representing sports equipment and wear leggings or yoga pants that's okay. But when they move on to another segment, they need to be back in their dress clothes and hose if wearing a skirt and heels. And the leggings and skinny pants need to go away permanently. They are rediculous looking and totally unprofessional. Dress up girls, it wont hurt you.
Occasional Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

I'm a casual person, and relate much better to other casually attired folks. You can be fashionable and professional and dress casual.

Talk about a back-handed complement though....geesh OP.

No you can't! For crying out loud, they are professionals. Is it so bad to dress up for a few hours? What is happening these days?
Occasional Contributor

On 2/11/2015 MJ 12 said:
On 2/11/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/11/2015 brii said:

She has to wear nail polish and high heels too?

OMG, this is hilarious.

All proper and fashionable women are doing it. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

We need a subforum titled 1950.

And move a LOT of posts there.

All professional women ARE doing it. 1950? Really? Since when did dressing properly have an expiration date? Take some pride in yourself. This is the classic lame excuse for dressing like a slob and being lazy. Looking like you care didn't end in the 1950's. Stop using time as an excuse to be sloppy.

Contributor

I saw the show this AM. If was a great show with great buys. She looked and acted fantastically. Great show.

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2015 TexShopper said:

I'm a casual person, and relate much better to other casually attired folks. You can be fashionable and professional and dress casual.

No you can't! For crying out loud, they are professionals. Is it so bad to dress up for a few hours? What is happening these days?

Wow. You're quite full of yourself. All I have to say is, you can dress up the outside all you want, but you can't hide what's on the inside, and man, what I'm seeing here is U G L Y!

Honored Contributor

I have always worn hose in the winter (this weekend it's supposed to be eight degrees!).

Oprah said to take your hose which had run can cut them off at the ankle and they can be liners to provide firmness in summer slacks. I do! Works great!

Occasional Contributor

On 2/11/2015 TexShopper said:

Wow. You're quite full of yourself. All I have to say is, you can dress up the outside all you want, but you can't hide what's on the inside, and man, what I'm seeing here is U G L Y!

I'm expressing an opinion you happen not to agree with. I have that right. Im making an observation. You don't know me at all so thats a pretty bold statement. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me ugly. The fact you would come to such a conclusion tells me what kind of person you are. And why are you so willing to defend against the idea of professional looking hosts unless you are sloppy yourself and just like company.
Occasional Contributor

On 2/11/2015 ECBG said:

I have always worn hose in the winter (this weekend it's supposed to be eight degrees!).

Oprah said to take your hose which had run can cut them off at the ankle and they can be liners to provide firmness in summer slacks. I do! Works great!

OMG that's cold! ? I wear hose year round as my job requires them even with pants. I'm in Texas so it gets pretty darn hot. That's a good idea Oprah had.
Honored Contributor

Heels and nail polish make a professional woman? Really? What's the profession?

Valued Contributor

Why on earth do you care if host wears hose, nail polish, heels, etc.

I only care if they act professional, speak clearly and know what they are presenting!