Trusted Contributor

Re: Jackie the blond plus sized model

In my opinion, most of the LOGO styles are for teenagers.  I think many of the hosts look silly with all those hanging layers. 

Respected Contributor

It was just a badly designed piece.  So Lori being a "high-end" designer should have been able to spot it right away at which point it should have been trashed and started all over.  I wonder if she really designs the pieces.  I think she pays people to throw that stuff together. 

Honored Contributor

As I've said many times before, I'm guessing that only certain size(s) of samples are sent ahead of time, and larger sizes in a particular item aren't available for her to wear on air.  That could be the only reason.  Otherwise, it would be easy to take off the tighter item, and put on a larger size, if it were available there, in the model's dressing room.  'All in all', sales are high, regardless. I'm thinking that customers just order a larger size when they see an item is tight on a model.  Well, that's what I do, anyway. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@misschristy wrote:

In my opinion, most of the LOGO styles are for teenagers.  I think many of the hosts look silly with all those hanging layers. 

@misschristy  You must not have observed any teenagers lately.  Hint:  They're not wearing anything like Logo.  Actually, I don't see anybody wearing that kind of clothing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden. How can Lori think LOGO looks well on Jackie when she doesn't realize how silly it looks on herself?

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

I have see Jacqui in person. IRL she is definitely not plus size. Maybe a size 12. I have seen some of the other models, too. Some have legs that appear longer than I am tall!

@queendiva  Interesting about having seen her in person.  Jackie says she wears the size large when she models and a 14 in pants.   She has been looking even prettier than usual for the past few weeks, except today I think her hair isn't her best look - much too flat.  But she's very pretty and always good-natured. One of my favorites.

I agree, @Pearlee, she's very pretty. And, queendiva, she has a lovely a figure. She's very fit and well toned. When she's styled usually in the right size and nothing pulling and puckering on her, she really looks good. And, I think, sometimes the stylist is not paying attention and she can look not so good.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden. I'm petite & I wouldn't even take a LOGO-like item off the rack to try on. I know that long, flowy pieces w/ too much fabric, too much print, ruffles, lace...sometimes 2 out 3... is overwhelming on someone my size. No way could I pull that look off.

Frequent Contributor

I have noticed the fit not being right also.  Not just on Jackie & Logo. Many times with jackets & or sweaters  or button tops you can tell that they wouldn't be able to close the tops at all.  That also means the sizing is really hard to determine for your self.  There is a newer petite[ model that is attractive & she has a large bustline for her size and I have seen her modeling clothes that very tight across the bust and looks terrible.  I don't know who decides what they weae but it is so wrong. Just venting today.

Frequent Contributor

It just shows me that the sizing isn't right.

Frequent Contributor

Since when did Jackie become a Plus Size model???. I thought she was a size 14.  And they never used to call her plus size.