Regular Contributor

Jackie’s shirt on shoe shopping Oct 18

Is Jackie’s plaid shirt on shoe shopping show a QVC product?
Super Contributor

Re: Jackie’s shirt on shoe shopping Oct 18

I think it's from the Joan Rivers collection.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Maybe this?
8D7B18DA-5469-4303-9C97-F43D4E1A1714.png3425E608-7508-4B6E-A410-15B866F9DB3C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Regular Contributor

That's it! Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh, all I notice when I look at this shirt is the unmatched plaid on the pockets!  If they didn't want to spend the money to match the plaid, they could have cut the pockets on the diagonal. Or just leave the pockets off entirely.  But unmatched plaid on the front of the shirt just ruins it for me.  And I'm a big fan of plaid shirts.  OK, getting down from my soap box, folks.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Oh my gosh, all I notice when I look at this shirt is the unmatched plaid on the pockets!  If they didn't want to spend the money to match the plaid, they could have cut the pockets on the diagonal. Or just leave the pockets off entirely.  But unmatched plaid on the front of the shirt just ruins it for me.  And I'm a big fan of plaid shirts.  OK, getting down from my soap box, folks.

@shoesnbags 

Shirts made in sweat shops by children who don't know about matching plaids.

Honored Contributor

The plaid is symmetrical on each pocket. They have the same plaid design on each side. Sometimes designers don't like to match the plaid on the pockets to the body of the garment so that they stand out as a design feature and that they are noticeable.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.  Plaid pockets are generally cut on the diagonal when the designers want it to contrast.  And if you look at the back view of this shirt, the plaid is mismatched there also.  That says to me "cost cutting" not design element.

@SilleeMee wrote:

The plaid is symmetrical on each pocket. They have the same plaid design on each side. Sometimes designers don't like to match the plaid on the pockets to the body of the garment so that they stand out as a design feature and that they are noticeable.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett