Honored Contributor

Lisa Robertson used to refer to herself as Curvy, and she definitely was not a Plus Size. I agree to me anyway curvy means curves, hips hourglass figure, not just Plus Size......

Valued Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

That's what "curvy" used to mean.  Now it is being used as a kinder, more PC term for heavy/large.

So what do we call the old fashioned curvy now?

Curvaceous (?)

Respected Contributor

Re: Jackie modeling clothes

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

One of the funniest misnomers I first heard on the Q was "athletic" calves for wide or heavy calves.   I'm very athletic and have slim calves.  Call them what they are -- slim or wide calves, lol.  Silly to sugar coat it, IMO.

But many people with athletic calves have visible muscular development.

That's what I think when I hear athletic calves.  Not just big.

Not that this matters or is relevant to your fashion vocabulary.

Cat LOL

And that's my point.  I have slim, developed calves, but QVC uses "athletic" to describe large or wide calves.  They think they are making heavier women with large calves feel better by saying their calves are "athletic".   Mind you, muscle takes up less space than fat so it is truly a misnomer (as is curvy).

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

One of the funniest misnomers I first heard on the Q was "athletic" calves for wide or heavy calves.   I'm very athletic and have slim calves.  Call them what they are -- slim or wide calves, lol.  Silly to sugar coat it, IMO.

Cat LOL

And that's my point.  I have slim, developed calves, but QVC uses "athletic" to describe large or wide calves.  They think they are making heavier women with large calves feel better by saying their calves are "athletic".   Mind you, muscle takes up less space than fat so it is truly a misnomer (as is curvy).

Okay.

I know about muscle and space and fat.

I'm a very fitness edumacated Kitteh

Cat Tongue

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SaRina wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

Cat LOL

I get your point (I truly do! Smiley Happy), but I must say that, as someone who runs about 40 miles a week, I do have large, developed, athletic calves. Makes it difficult to find slim pants/jeans that don't "grab" around the calf. (And even at 100 pounds, I'm curvy too!)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jonbon wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

Cat LOL

I get your point (I truly do! Smiley Happy), but I must say that, as someone who runs about 40 miles a week, I do have large, developed, athletic calves. Makes it difficult to find slim pants/jeans that don't "grab" around the calf. (And even at 100 pounds, I'm curvy too!)

@QueenDanceALot

@jonbon So let me see if I have this correct, jonbon.  Are you saying you are a 100-pound, curvy, PLUS-SIZE woman? 😁😁😁

Sorry,  you know I am kidding--I just couldn't help myself! 😉

Honored Contributor

Jackie is a large Ruler crossing over to Apple in shape.  A GF of mine said she's built similar to Sponge Bob Square Pants and yeah, she is.......

and so am I. A thin apple is a Ruler. As you get bigger, you sort of lose all your shape and then suddenly you're an Apple. She does NOT dress for her shape but that's because QVC carries very few styles for Apples. In addition, if she dressed in ONLY the styles that were made for Apples, she would rarely be on- not making money.

It's a shame because she has beautiful face, long legs and arms, slender in the hips; but no waist and carries her weight there as well as being short waisted (Apple). I can't wear most of the clothing shown on QVC and definitely NOT the way they show it to be worn; I have to adapt it to MY body.... Jackie can't do that, it appears. She has to wear it how they want it to be worn.

Sometimes I wonder if they purposely make her to look the worse of all the models.: (

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam

You stated it perfectly.  I tried to get the same point across by saying she was rectangular.  

Jackie has lovely skin.  I think she would be best suited for modeling skincare/make-up.  

Honored Contributor

Jackie sure doesn't look like an apple shape to me??? She has larger thighs and legs and a nice trim midriff and tummy. I think a lot of the skin tight pants they put her in only emphasize her legs not being thin. She doesn't carry her weight around the middle, though and that's why I think of her as more pear shaped.....the healthier shape for women because apples often have more heart disease and diabetes.

Whatever the case may be, she is just lovely. Beautiful complexion, lovely blue eyes and when they put the mike on her she sounds like someone that would be fun to get to know.

She's such a pretty girl, they should do her justice and allow her to wear clothes that fit her lovely figure. Who sees what size is on the label anyway?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When she is wearing classic clothes she looks lovely.  When is wearing something like LOGO she looks ridiculous but then so does Kate who is tall and thin.