Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@KingstonsMom ~ while we're supposed to be 32-35 degrees with snow on Saturday.  I'll be wearing a winter coat!

@tototwo

Brrrrr....I don't blame ya', LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@jackthebear. I'm intrigued by your comment about spring jackets being "1960's".  What makes a spring jacket "passe"?  Just curious, since I never heard of that before.  

let's say 1970s

it just reminds me of when I was in High School and it was a thing that there were always Spring Jackets in the stores and magazines,  you don't see that so much anymore.

Maybe it's change in fashions and lifestyles or weather.

Here in NJ the weather goes from winter* into summer so quickly theres no need for a dressy-er jacket llike the TS.

I have a jacket for walking/golf etc.  Could be my life as well.  

*today it's sunny and 50 tomorrow snow 

Honored Contributor

It's still cold here and I am wearing winter coats.  We are expecting snow tomorrow and 17 degrees at night.

My light weight spring rain proof jacket wore out, so I ordered one from Lands End back in January to take to Florida in February.  I wore it a few times and it kept me dry. I buy Lands End because they sell petite size jackets, which I need.

Once spring arrives here, I'll get to wear it again.

The US is big with many different weather patterns.  Most of the country is still cold and experiencing winter weather.

i think the TSV is  great  for this time of the year.  We will need it for April and May.

if you are experiencing hot weather, it sounds like you need summer fashions.  Spring fashions include a jacket for most people.

Esteemed Contributor

Like Imelda loved shoes, I love jackets/outerwear!

However, I very much dislike the TSV and jackets of that sort. I hate boxy and I hate topstitching on a jacket, especially contrasting topstitching.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

We'll be heading out for a week in Florida tomorrow. I live in upstate NY. While we're gone, the wind chills at home will approach zero over the weekend. When we return next week, we'll be lucky if we get a forty degree heatwave. Jackets maybe. Puffer coats definitely.

I live in upstate NY too and it's snowing now.  It's going to be 0 with the wind chill saturday.  We always need some kind of jacket here.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Maybe it is because I live in the south but I am ready for spring fashions not jackets.  Even if I lived where I would still be wearing a jacket I think I would have gotten what I needed by now and be ready for a new season. I was just kind of shocked at this TSV.

It all depends on where you live.

Trusted Contributor

We got a winter weather alert today.  

Honored Contributor

Jackets are a spring and fall necessity in our neck of the woods!! Rains a lot, some years.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor
I live in the Midwest where I will likely need a jacket like this until at least Mother's Day.