Respected Contributor

Maybe it is because I live in the south but I am ready for spring fashions not jackets.  Even if I lived where I would still be wearing a jacket I think I would have gotten what I needed by now and be ready for a new season. I was just kind of shocked at this TSV.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Maybe it is because I live in the south but I am ready for spring fashions not jackets.  Even if I lived where I would still be wearing a jacket I think I would have gotten what I needed by now and be ready for a new season. I was just kind of shocked at this TSV.

spring jackets,  sort of no need for them   goes from winter to summer here,  only need something casual for golf or walking .  But it does seem late to be selling this.

Once you hit April who needs it.  

Also new jacket for spring seems so 1960's  but that might be my life, not other people

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jackets in march!

[ Edited ]

We'll be heading out for a week in Florida tomorrow. I live in upstate NY. While we're gone, the wind chills at home will approach zero over the weekend. When we return next week, we'll be lucky if we get a forty degree heatwave. Jackets maybe. Puffer coats definitely.

Honored Contributor

I always like to have a spring jacket on hand...especially one that's water PROOF, not just water RESISTANT.  But I recently got what I wanted from Land's End during one of their sales.  The DB jacket is cute, but no need for one right now.  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear. I'm intrigued by your comment about spring jackets being "1960's".  What makes a spring jacket "passe"?  Just curious, since I never heard of that before.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know which jacket you're referring to, but where I live we have 4 distinct seasons.  I have spring jackets, fall jackets, and lightweight summer jackets to wear in the evenings or where there is an over-abundance of air-conditioning.  I was in the stores shopping for a new spring jacket just yesterday.   It all depends on where you live.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

@chiclet

I'm with you! I'm in the deep south too, it'll be 78 here today and 83 tomorrow!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom ~ while we're supposed to be 32-35 degrees with snow on Saturday.  I'll be wearing a winter coat!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I live in the DC area, so I have a variety of coats for every season.

The one I get the most use out of this time of year is a Jones New York raincoat with removable lining.  It is a true full length coat that comes almost to my ankles, so I can wear a dress or skirt and my legs are covered.  It has a removable liner so I tend to wear it most of the year here but I have other raincoats so I never take the lining out of this one anymore.  I've had it for many years.

I also have this IM TSV from when he first came to QVC.

A198839
Isaac Mizrahi Live! Trench Coat with Logo Buttons

http://www.qvc.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Live!-Trench-Coat-with-Logo-Buttons.product.A198839.html

I have it in the pink, but I wish I had it in the ivory, too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I live in NYC and today will be in the 50's, but tomrow we are expecting snow and the weekend temps will be in the 20's and 30's.  Today's TSV will come in handy this spring with this crazy changing weather.   I ordered the black and like that the hood is removable, so it won't always look like a rain jacket.