Contributor

It just promotes their high prices which a lot of people need food and gas these days if you look close a lot of the clothing is made in CHINA, we help those people enough with our money.  QVC used to be fun to watch they had items you never saw anywhere else but when they talk about items for at least 10-15 minutes or more now changing channels better things to do.

Esteemed Contributor

The QVC stylists put the models in clothing that just fits.

Valued Contributor

@jezzie wrote:

It just promotes their high prices which a lot of people need food and gas these days if you look close a lot of the clothing is made in CHINA, we help those people enough with our money.  QVC used to be fun to watch they had items you never saw anywhere else but when they talk about items for at least 10-15 minutes or more now changing channels better things to do.

I can't believe Amy Stran going on and on about the price being 'only under $80' for a silly top.  And going over and over and over the colors, hurry up, this color is 'under 100 left to go around, the only order of the year', blah blah blah.

I've been changing the channel as well!

Valued Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I think some of the models are stuffed into clothing that barely fits them, looks ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@Ronettes 

@qbetzforreal 

I think we can change the words "just fits" to the smallest size that they can squeeze into.

If I were a designer, I wouldn't be happy to see my hard work worn so that there were stress and stretch on the seams.

Of course ... their definition of "just fits" might be different from ours.

---------------------------

@Ronettes wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I think some of the models are stuffed into clothing that barely fits them, looks ridiculous.

Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Ronettes 

@qbetzforreal 

I think we can change the words "just fits" to the smallest size that they can squeeze into.

If I were a designer, I wouldn't be happy to see my hard work worn so that there were stress and stretch on the seams.

Sure - but clothing is supposed to drape beautifully, and the designers are the first to know that.

And some of the QVC designs are really lovely and very stylish, they deserve to be shown that way.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ronettes wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Ronettes 

@qbetzforreal 

Sure - but clothing is supposed to drape beautifully, and the designers are the first to know that.

And some of the QVC designs are really lovely and very stylish, they deserve to be shown that way.

@Ronettes  clothing is supposed to fit the way the wearer wants it to.  Not the designer.  Some people like closer fitted garments like pants and tops.  Some don't.  This about personal preference.  There are some things I want fitted and some things I want to drape.  Material will dictate the drape (if any) anyway.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I think "skims" the body is a good way of wearing fashion.  I don't want to see the Kardashian look anywhere, when something is so tight or exposes so much that I am embarrassed to be in the room watching TV with one of my sons when watching TV and seeing that.

Valued Contributor

@gertrudecloset

You're forgetting that the designer is showing the clothing, and if it's going to show lumps and rolls, it is not a positive look.

Look at the runway girls!

Valued Contributor

Just imagine the Paris runways showing ill-fitting clothing!  LOLOL