Honored Contributor

Re: Jacket TS on Evine Live today

[ Edited ]

I like the style of the jacketHeart and according to some the quality of the faux is very good. However, and I mean no offense to anyone here, genuine leather does not pucker in any seam or under any top-stitch. I was a seamstress for many years and have sewn a few pieces of real lamb leather...seams always completely  flat, top-stitching with no bumps between each hole.  Most faux leather pieces have slightly puckered seams and stitch details...a dead give-away that it's fake. There are a few designers who have some real-looking jackets...Rancic and Basso. 

It is a cute jacketWoman Happy. I think I would like it better if it was real lamb and ponte...but then it would be too costly for most.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I don't know if you looked at the description but there's a knit panel on the sides which could work for your sister. The horizontal pintuck detail on the front is a nice touch too..

I picked up the burgundy one a while back. I buy xsmall when they're available but this small fits nicely

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Evine has some nice tops.  Their prices are not bad at all.

I think if QVC had the same this faux leather jacket as a TSV, it would be over $79. 

Honored Contributor

I would like to buy a faux leather jacket as I am not going to buy lamb leather.

But I do want one of nice quality.  The style of this one is really cute so I'm tempted to give it a try.  Love the peplum.  I can see that it would not work for someone who is long waisted but I'm not so I'm giving it some consideration.

One thing I don't like, though, is the lack of any stretch.  That might be a deal breaker for me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Try it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I know I was when I picked up my first one. My coworker, who does handicrafts with leathers, liked it and my daughter, who already owns the real version, chooses to wear the faux becaus a) it looks good, and b) she doesn't have to worry about it..

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What do you think about it? I would like it in the black. It is a reasonable price, and looks cute on the models of all sizes. 

@SeaMaiden

Thanx.  I checked it out and I, too, thought it was cute.  I got it in the gingerbread.  Usually buy real leather, but this is much more within my budget and the styling is great!

Honored Contributor

I have been deciding on this jacket all day and ordered the cocoa.  You can't beat the price! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I have been deciding on this jacket all day and ordered the cocoa.  You can't beat the price! 

@Pecky

I just got mine Igingerbread) today and thinkit's really cute!  How do you like yours?  I had been debating between the gingerbread and the cocoa.